Sydney Grace Paris Skies Pressed Blush ($9.00 for 0.25 oz.) is a soft, medium mauve with cooler undertones and warmer, pale golden shimmer throughout. It straddled the line between pink and lavender to me (and the two merged gives me more mauve-vibes as a result). The warmer, but contrasting, shimmer gave it the effect of a two-in-one product where there was a distinctive, golden highlight but a definite, mauve blush tone below.
The texture was smooth, cream-like, and dense without being too thick or too firmly pressed into the pan. It had opaque color coverage that was easy to apply and blend out (or use with a lighter hand for sheerer coverage). This shade stayed on beautifully for eight and a half hours before fading slightly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- MAC Anarchista (PiP, $34.00) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Forget Me Not (LE, $8.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Whirl (LE, $10.00) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Pretty Vulgar Lilac Lust (P, $32.00) is more shimmery, cooler (85% similar).
- Colour Pop Swirl (LE, $8.00) is more shimmery, lighter, brighter (85% similar).
- Becca Lilac Geode (LE, $38.00) is more shimmery, warmer (85% similar).
- Urban Decay Drogon (LE, $26.00) is less shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
- Fenty Beauty 7daywknd (PiP, $36.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (80% similar).
- Benefit Tickle (P, $30.00) is more shimmery, warmer (80% similar).
$9.00/0.25 oz. - $36.00 Per Ounce
It's a more pigmented blush, so it favors those who need or want richer coverage achieved with less product or in one layer, but those who prefer sheerer, more buildable blush may find there is a learning curve. The formula was very blendable and easy to work with, so I think it is more forgiving, particularly shades with some shimmer in them. The matte shades can be slightly powdery but do not look dry or dusty when applied, though they can darken a bit if not applied over drier or more matte skin (or a base). They wore between eight and 10 hours on me before fading noticeably.
Browse all of our Sydney Grace Pressed Blush swatches.
Silk Mica (Mica (77019), Boron Nitride, L-Lysine Mica (Mica 77019 and Lauroyl Lysine), Caranuba Mica (Mica 77019 and Caranuba Wax), Magnesium Stearate, Magnesium Myristate, Zinc Stearate ((+/- Mica (Mica 77019), Fractionated Coconut Oil (Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) Vitamin E (Tocopherol), Silk Powder, Allantoin, Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI77289), Chromium Green (CI77288), Carmine, Iron Oxide (CI 77499, 77491, 77492), Tin Oxide (CI 778161), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ultramarines (77007), Silica, *Synthetic Flurophylogopite, Zinc (CI 77947), Bronze and Copper Powder (CI 77400), Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol))