Always and Forever
Sydney Grace Always and Forever Pressed Blush ($9.00 for 0.25 oz.) is a pale pink with neutral-to-cool undertones and a satin finish. It was richly pigmented with a smooth, velvety texture that was a smidgen powdery in the pan but didn’t read powdery or dry when applied to bare skin.
I preferred application over more matte skin or just-powdered skin as it was more prone to darkening when applied directly atop bare skin or unset liquid/cream foundation. The color applied evenly to my skin and diffused without much effort to reveal a more satin-to-matte finish–not shimmery but not flat. It wore well for eight hours before fading noticeably.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Make Up For Ever B200 (P, $23.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- NARS Cheek Studio I (LE, $30.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- NYX Pastel Chic (P, $6.50) is lighter, brighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Kat Von D Gomez (Light) (DC, ) is darker, cooler (85% similar).
- LORAC Panorama (LE, $23.00) is more shimmery, cooler (85% similar).
- Kat Von D Clyde (Light) (DC, ) is darker, cooler (85% similar).
- NARS Thrill (P, $30.00) is darker, cooler (85% similar).
- Makeup Geek Promise Ring (P, $10.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (85% similar).
- MAC Fleur Real (LE, $35.50) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Dior Lolli'glow (002) (LE, $45.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (85% similar).
$9.00/0.25 oz. - $36.00 Per Ounce
It's a more pigmented blush, so it favors those who need or want richer coverage achieved with less product or in one layer, but those who prefer sheerer, more buildable blush may find there is a learning curve. The formula was very blendable and easy to work with, so I think it is more forgiving, particularly shades with some shimmer in them. The matte shades can be slightly powdery but do not look dry or dusty when applied, though they can darken a bit if not applied over drier or more matte skin (or a base). They wore between eight and 10 hours on me before fading noticeably.
Browse all of our Sydney Grace Pressed Blush swatches.
Silk Mica (Mica (77019), Boron Nitride, L-Lysine Mica (Mica 77019 and Lauroyl Lysine), Caranuba Mica (Mica 77019 and Caranuba Wax), Magnesium Stearate, Magnesium Myristate, Zinc Stearate ((+/- Mica (Mica 77019), Fractionated Coconut Oil (Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) Vitamin E (Tocopherol), Silk Powder, Allantoin, Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI77289), Chromium Green (CI77288), Carmine, Iron Oxide (CI 77499, 77491, 77492), Tin Oxide (CI 778161), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ultramarines (77007), Silica, *Synthetic Flurophylogopite, Zinc (CI 77947), Bronze and Copper Powder (CI 77400), Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol))