Sydney Grace Allegro Highlighter ($9.00 for 0.25 oz.) is a light-medium, rosy copper with subtle, warm undertones and a smooth, metallic sheen. It had an intense glow but the shimmer seemed finer, so reflective quality was greater but did emphasize my skin’s natural texture.
It had opaque color coverage in as single layer, but the creamier, slightly firmer, denser consistency made it easy to pick up less product if desired. That being said, it still yielded well to typical highlighter brushes (which are often less-dense than blush brushes) and picked up product evenly. The highlighter applied well to bare skin and diffused readily along the edges. It stayed on well for eight and a half hours before fading slightly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Morphe Boom (P, $14.00) is darker, warmer (95% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Rose on Ice (P, $28.00) is less shimmery, warmer (95% similar).
- Dose of Colors Bathe (LE, $28.00) is darker (95% similar).
- Dior Rose Glow (005) (P, $50.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Estee Lauder Modern Mercury (LE, $65.00) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Andalasia (LE, $8.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Sydney Grace Morning Glory (P, $9.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Bobbi Brown Pink Quartz (P, $46.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Make Up For Ever 15 Golden Pink (P, $21.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Bobbi Brown Tawny Glow (P, $48.00) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
$9.00/0.25 oz. - $36.00 Per Ounce
The highlighters are supposed to be "smooth and pigmented" that "blend like a dream" and "last all day long." The majority of the shades in the range are incredibly pigmented with a creaminess to the texture that makes them a cinch to apply and blend out on my skin. I was most impressed by how soft, almost cream-like the powders were, yet they weren't too loosely-pressed nor were they prone to powderiness. Some of the finishes are very metallic or frosted, so when worn at semi-opaque or higher coverage levels, they can emphasize my skin's natural texture slightly. They have worn between eight and nine hours on me.
Browse all of our Sydney Grace Highlighter swatches.
MICA, ((+/-SILK MICA (MICA (77019), BORON NITRIDE, L-LYSINE MICA (MICA 77019 AND LAUROYL LYSINE), CARANUBA MICA (MICA 77019 AND CARANUBA WAX), MAGNESIUM STEARATE, MAGNESIUM MYRISTATE, ZINC STEARATE, FRACTIONATED COCONUT OIL (CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891) VITAMIN E (TOCOPHEROL), SILK POWDER, ALLANTOIN, CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN (CI77289), CHROMIUM GREEN (CI77288), CARMINE, IRON OXIDE (CI 77499, 77491, 77492), TIN OXIDE (CI 778161), MANGANESE VIOLET (CI 77742), FERRIC FERROCYANIDE (CI 77510), ULTRAMARINES (77007), SILICA, *SYNTHETIC FLUROPHYLOGOPITE, ZINC (CI 77947), BRONZE AND COPPER POWDER (CI 77400), PHENOXYETHANOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, POTASSIUM SORBATE, HEXYLENE GLYCOL))