Smith and Cult Warm Pink Flash Flush Powder Blush ($24.00 for 0.07 oz.) is a light-medium pink with warm undertones and a luminous sheen. The drier consistency made the shimmer seem more frosted when swatched, but the powder seemed to blend and “melt” a bit in practice, which gave it a very luminous sheen that was flattering on my skin. While it was intended to have buildable coverage, it was mostly opaque in a single layer, so a lighter hand was necessary to achieve more buildable coverage. It stayed on nicely for seven hours before showing signs of fading on me.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- NARS Let It Burn (LE, $30.00) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Milani Pink Play #1 (PiP, ) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Don't Flutter Yourself (LE, $4.99) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Natasha Denona Rayo (P, $38.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Cover FX Pink Dahlia (Right) (PiP, ) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Lavender Lure (Top) (LE, ) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Natasha Denona Golden Pink (PiP, ) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (85% similar).
- Too Faced Peach Dream (P, $30.00) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- MAC Warm Aura (LE, $34.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Cool (Winter 2016) Highlighter (LE, $60.00) is more shimmery, warmer (85% similar).
$24.00/0.07 oz. - $342.86 Per Ounce
The powder blush is supposed to be "weightless" with a "buildable formula and subtle sheer finish." They have a fairly smooth consistency, though they are a little drier and dustier, and blended out without too much effort. The pigmentation ranged from semi-opaque to opaque; it's not a truly buildable formula, though one could use a lighter hand or more feathery brush to pick up less product and get more buildable coverage that way (as is true with most pigmented formulas).
The finish was more luminous and glowing rather than metallic or frosted, so the powder sat well on my skin without emphasizing texture. They lasted between seven and eight hours on me before fading.
Worth noting, they are only 0.07 oz. each, which is quite small for a blush--it's actually the size of some eyeshadows!
Browse all of our Smith and Cult Flash Flush Powder Blush swatches.
Isododecane, Talc, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Phenoxyethanol, Mica. May Contain: CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI 75470 (Carmine).