Smashbox Black Cherry Be Legendary LipstickSmashbox Black Cherry Be Legendary Lipstick ($21.00 for 0.10 oz.) is a deep berry with a hint of cool, red undertones and a natural sheen. There was very, very fine shimmer throughout, but it was sparse and only gave it greater luminosity but did not make it appear pearly, frosted, or metallic. It had semi-opaque, even coverage, which gave it a lip-stained-like appearance as the translucency was noticeable but even.
The texture felt moderately emollient with some slip, a light-medium thickness, and didn’t tug or pull on the lips when applied directly from the tube. This shade wore well for five and a half hours, left a soft stain behind, and was lightly hydrating over time. I liked it overall, and I think the translucency and finish will be right up someone’s alley, though it isn’t quite the most “pigment-loaded” shade I’ve tried from the range.
- Tom Ford Beauty Jack (2016) (P, $36.00) is cooler (95% similar).
- Bite Beauty Jam (DC, $26.00) is darker, warmer (95% similar).
- Bite Beauty Mulberry (DC, $24.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Deborah (LE, $36.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Too Faced Berry Naughty (DC, $22.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Guerlain Nuit d'Amour (DC, $37.00) is warmer, less glossy (90% similar).
- NARS Impulse (P, $26.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Inglot #293 Lipstick Cream (P, $12.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Venom (DC, $22.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Sephora Hear Me Roar (08) (P, $13.00) is less shimmery, lighter, glossier (90% similar).