Solar Haze (05)
Shiseido Solar Haze (05) InnerGlow Cheek Powder ($29.00 for 0.14 oz.) is a light-medium, golden orange with warm undertones and a metallic sheen. It had excellent pigmentation in a single layer, which applied evenly and smoothly to bare skin. The consistency was dense, firm but not stiff, and smooth to the touch. Of the shades I tried in the range, this was one of the more shimmery ones, and I did find that it emphasized my skin’s texture somewhat when worn at semi-opaque or higher coverage. The less shimmery shades have been more smoothing/softening overall. The powder was easy to apply and blend out, though, and stayed on well for eight and a half hours on me.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview, for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Colour Pop Starflower (LE, $8.00) is darker (95% similar).
- Pretty Vulgar Sparkling Sass (P, $32.00) is more shimmery, cooler (95% similar).
- MAC Light of the Party (LE, ) is more shimmery, cooler (95% similar).
- Colour Pop Like to Watch (LE, $8.00) is brighter (95% similar).
- OFRA Rodeo Drive (P, $29.00) is more shimmery, cooler (95% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Golden Flower Crown (P, $4.99) is less shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- NARS Gold Leash (LE, $30.00) is less shimmery, lighter (95% similar).
- Colour Pop Bigger and Better (LE, $8.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Dior Glowing Nude (002) (LE, $58.00) is more shimmery, more muted, cooler (90% similar).
- Becca Champagne Pop (LE, $42.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
$29.00/0.14 oz. - $207.14 Per Ounce
According to the brand, it's a highlighting blush that "stay[s] put for eight hours" with "high color payoff and superior glide." The shades I tried were semi-opaque to opaque in pigmentation with finishes that ranged from satin to metallic. I found that the most shimmery shade I tried, Inner Light, did emphasize my skin's natural texture, while the others did not. The powders had a smooth, almost creamy-like texture that was firmer in the pan (no excess product kicked up), but it picked up well with brushes, adhered to skin evenly, and blended with ease along the edges. The wear was between eight and nine hours on me.
Browse all of our Shiseido InnerGlow Cheek Powder swatches.
Talc, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Silica, Zinc Stearate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Glycol, Tin Oxide. May Contain (+/-): Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Carmine (Ci 75470), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Red 28 Lake (Ci 45410), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140).