NYX Twilight Tint Duo Chromatic Illuminating Powder ($7.99 for 0.21 oz.) is cool, bluish white with an iridescent blue-to-violet sheen. The finish was somewhere between luminous and frost; slightly visible shimmer but once blended and buffed into the skin, the finish appeared more like a very smooth, luminous sheen. It had a moderately dense texture–the kind that has a very smooth feel with zero dustiness or powderiness to it but wasn’t actually stiff or difficult to work with. It had nearly opaque coverage, though I felt like it was easy to control and use with a lighter hand (or a different tool) to get semi-sheer to medium coverage, if desired. This type of shade can work exceptionally well layered over other products, especially to add a cooler, bluer tone to them, while also highlighting an area. When I tested this for wear, the highlighter wore well for eight hours on me.
- Becca Icicle (LE, $38.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Cover FX Halo (P, $28.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Makeup Geek Celestial (P, $20.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Too Faced Diamond Fire (P, $34.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Anastasia Forever Lit (LE, ) is more shimmery, warmer (95% similar).
- Anastasia Blue Ice (LE, ) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Looxi Beauty Wicked (P, $7.50) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Makeup Geek Moon Phase (P, $20.00) is brighter, cooler (95% similar).
- L'Oreal Ice (P, $12.99) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Edition #18 (LE, ) is warmer (90% similar).
$7.99/0.21 oz. - $38.05 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to "blend like a dream" and have a "luminous finish." The pigmentation varied from semi-sheer to mostly opaque with a denser, lightly creamy texture that felt thicker in the pan but did not look or feel that way on my skin. I would recommend using a denser brush or using a heavier hand to get product onto the brush. I didn’t feel like the powder was stiff, but it wasn’t as loosely pressed as a lot of highlighters on the market, which did make it easier to control and build coverage and sheen up. They lasted around eight hours on me.
Browse all of our NYX Duo Chromatic Illuminating Powder swatches.
Talc, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Magnesium Stearate, Silica, Tin Oxide, Barium Sulfate (CI 77120), Ethylhexylglycerin, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850).