NARS Thrill Powder BlushNARS Thrill Powder Blush ($30.00 for 0.16 oz.) is a light-medium pink with strong, cool undertones and a matte finish. It had a soft consistency that felt smooth and finely-milled to the touch without being powdery, though it was a bit thinner (which I find true of most of NARS’ powder blushes) that can darken slightly when applied on top of bare skin or cream/liquid foundation.
For truer color and the most foolproof application, I recommend applying over a more matte finish, e.g. set skin. It darkened a couple of shades and looked almost warmer-toned on me applied over bare skin. It had nearly opaque color coverage in a single layer that blended out without too much effort. It stayed on nicely for eight hours before fading visibly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Viseart Rose #1 (PiP, ) is darker (95% similar).
- Dior Pink (001) (P, $37.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Dior Lolli'glow (002) (LE, $45.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Make Up For Ever B204 (P, $23.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Pink Ombre (LE, $55.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- KVD Beauty Gomez (Light) (DC, ) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Obsessed (DC, $26.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- ColourPop Dee-lish (LE, $8.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Make Up For Ever B202 (P, $23.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Velvet Bloom (LE, $80.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
$30.00/0.16 oz. - $187.50 Per Ounce
From NARS’ website, their blush formula is described as “beautifully pigmented” and “soft [and] blendable.” NARS' blushes, since they've been released in such a massive range of shades over the years, can vary from shade to shade to some degree. Most shades are pigmented with firmer, slightly stiffer consistencies that can also run on the thinner side, which allows greater control when picking up product but some of the more matte shades could be a bit more blendable or easier to work with.
Some of the more newly-released shades have softer, more yielding textures that are a bit creamier and are easier to blend out, though most of NARS' blushes are fairly blendable. The wear typically ranges from eight to nine hours with a few shades falling above or below this range.
Browse all of our NARS Powder Blush swatches.
TALC • OCTYLDODECYL STEARATE • OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE • ZINC STEARATE • TIN OXIDE • CAPRYLYL GLYCOL • PHENOXYETHANOL • [+/- (MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR): IRON OXIDES (CI 77491) • IRON OXIDES (CI 77492) • IRON OXIDES (CI 77499) • MANGANESE VIOLET (CI 77742) • MICA • RED 28 LAKE (CI 45410) • RED 30 LAKE (CI 73360) • RED 33 LAKE (CI 17200) • RED 34 LAKE (CI 15880) • RED 7 LAKE (CI 15850) • TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891) • YELLOW 5 LAKE (CI 19140)] •
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.