NARS Dominate Powder BlushNARS Dominate Powder Blush ($30.00 for 0.16 oz.) is a medium-dark red with moderate, warm copper undertones and a metallic sheen. It was intensely pigmented with a smooth, soft consistency that was slightly dry to the touch, but it didn’t have powderiness in the pan. The powder applied evenly and blended out well along the edges, but it seemed to emphasize my skin’s natural texture slightly. It stayed on nicely for eight and a half hours before fading visibly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- NARS Deep Orgasm (LE, ) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- LORAC Rose (LE, $23.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Dior Plum Pop (11) (LE, $48.00) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Shiseido Berry Dawn (08) (P, $29.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Black Up NBL 04 (P, $26.50) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Chanel Evening Beige (340) (P, $45.00) is less shimmery, warmer (85% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Incandescent (Bottom) (PiP, $75.00) is darker, warmer (85% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Ravish (Discontinued) (DC, $60.00) is less shimmery, cooler (85% similar).
- MAC Peachtwist (P, $24.00) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- NARS Untamed (LE, $30.00) is less shimmery, brighter, cooler (85% similar).
$30.00/0.16 oz. - $187.50 Per Ounce
From NARS’ website, their blush formula is described as “beautifully pigmented” and “soft [and] blendable.” NARS' blushes, since they've been released in such a massive range of shades over the years, can vary from shade to shade to some degree. Most shades are pigmented with firmer, slightly stiffer consistencies that can also run on the thinner side, which allows greater control when picking up product but some of the more matte shades could be a bit more blendable or easier to work with.
Some of the more newly-released shades have softer, more yielding textures that are a bit creamier and are easier to blend out, though most of NARS' blushes are fairly blendable. The wear typically ranges from eight to nine hours with a few shades falling above or below this range.
Browse all of our NARS Powder Blush swatches.
TALC • OCTYLDODECYL STEARATE • OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE • ZINC STEARATE • TIN OXIDE • CAPRYLYL GLYCOL • PHENOXYETHANOL • [+/- (MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR): IRON OXIDES (CI 77491) • IRON OXIDES (CI 77492) • IRON OXIDES (CI 77499) • MANGANESE VIOLET (CI 77742) • MICA • RED 28 LAKE (CI 45410) • RED 30 LAKE (CI 73360) • RED 33 LAKE (CI 17200) • RED 34 LAKE (CI 15880) • RED 7 LAKE (CI 15850) • TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891) • YELLOW 5 LAKE (CI 19140)] •
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.