NARS Blissful Powder Blush ($30.00 for 0.16 oz.) is a medium-dark plum with warm, rose undertones and flecks of gold, plum, and teal shimmer that yielded a luminous sheen. It might be one of the more complex blushes that NARS has released in awhile. According to the brand, while it’s new for fall, it wasn’t marked limited edition so we should expect to see it as part of the permanent line going forward.
From NARS’ website, their blush formula is described as “beautifully pigmented” and “soft [and] blendable.” Blissful was fairly soft–it could have been more finely-milled–but had good pigmentation that was semi-opaque in a single layer but buildable to full coverage with a second layer, which I tend to find makes for a more versatile cheek color and gives the user more control over application. There were finer and larger flecks of shimmer but they stayed largely in place throughout the day. The blush blended out well on the skin, and the shimmery finish did not emphasize my skin’s natural texture. On me, the color wore well for eight and a half hours before fading slightly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- NARS Sin (P, $30.00) is darker (85% similar).
- Cover FX Sweet Mulberry (Right) (PiP, ) is less shimmery, more muted, warmer (90% similar).
- NARS Deep Orgasm (LE, ) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Makeup Revolution Loved Me the Best (P, $5.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Burberry Silk and Bloom (LE, $68.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Stila Berry Shimmer (LE, ) is warmer (90% similar).
- Hourglass Euphoric Fusion (P, $38.00) is lighter (85% similar).
- Estee Lauder Rebel Rose (P, $34.00) is less shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
- Laura Geller Tropic Hues (P, $28.00) is lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- NARS Ferocious (LE, $30.00) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (85% similar).
$30.00/0.16 oz. - $187.50 Per Ounce
From NARS’ website, their blush formula is described as “beautifully pigmented” and “soft [and] blendable.” NARS' blushes, since they've been released in such a massive range of shades over the years, can vary from shade to shade to some degree. Most shades are pigmented with firmer, slightly stiffer consistencies that can also run on the thinner side, which allows greater control when picking up product but some of the more matte shades could be a bit more blendable or easier to work with.
Some of the more newly-released shades have softer, more yielding textures that are a bit creamier and are easier to blend out, though most of NARS' blushes are fairly blendable. The wear typically ranges from eight to nine hours with a few shades falling above or below this range.
Browse all of our NARS Powder Blush swatches.