Molten Rose Gold
Maybelline Molten Rose Gold MasterChrome Metallic Highlighter ($9.99 for 0.24 oz.) is a light peach with warm undertones and a metallic sheen. It had excellent pigmentation with a smooth, slightly dense texture that was thicker in feel, which made it feel more like a cream-based product, but it sat beautifully on the skin. The highlighter was easy to pickup with a brush, apply, and blend out for high-shine finish. I would recommend using a lighter touch with this, as a little went a long way (and as a result, it wasn’t as subtle or as buildable as marketed, which was the only “downside”). On me, it wore well for eight and a half hours before fading slightly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Milani Flashing Lights (P, $12.99) is more muted, warmer (90% similar).
- ColourPop Coronation (LE, $8.00) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Girl Next Door (PiP, $36.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Laura Geller Peach Glow (P, $26.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Spotlight (LE, $26.00) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Lightgasm Multi-Glow (LE, ) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Chanel Eclat du Desert (LE, $70.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Milani Moon Glow (P, $10.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Natasha Denona Light Rose (PiP, ) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Makeup Geek Daybreak (P, $20.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
$9.99/0.24 oz. - $41.63 Per Ounce
It’s supposed to have a “chrome effect” that can be applied “lightly for a subtle glow” or built up for a “bold melted metal look.” The texture was soft, smooth, and blendable that was delightfully creamy to the touch, but it was still more loosely pressed (without being powdery), which made it particularly easy to apply with a slew of brushes.
For subtle coverage, I’d recommend a light hand and a tapered highlighting brush or a fan brush with a moderate hand. It had opaque coverage–not buildable as described, which was really the only downside to the product–that applied evenly to bare skin and blended out with little effort. The shades typically wore for around eight hours on me.
Browse all of our Maybelline MasterChrome Metallic Highlighter swatches.
Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Diisostearyl Malate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Dimethicone / Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Sorbic Acid, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Tocopherol, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Silica, Tin Oxide. May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492 / Iron Oxides.
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.