MAC Warm Aura Mineralize Skinfinish ($34.00 for 0.35 oz.) is a soft, light-medium pink with warm undertones and a luminous sheen. It was comprised of four shades within the compact (which would be doable to use two at a time but not quite one at a time without being careful to use only the small edge of a brush), which included: soft pink, pink-peach, dark pink, and light peach-pink.
It had good color payoff that was buildable to full coverage with two layers or easily sheered out (or applied with a lighter hand) for less intense coverage if preferred, which made it a more versatile powder that could work as a highlighter or highlighting blush, depending on one’s skin tone and whatever else it was paired with. The consistency felt smooth to the touch and blended out with little effort on my skin. It wore well for eight hours before I noticed any fading.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Huda Beauty Copacabana (LE, ) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Lancome Moonlight Rose (LE, $42.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Made Me Do It (LE, $8.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Anastasia Sassy Grape (LE, ) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Violet Argente (Highlighter) (LE, ) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Rosy and Ready (P, $5.99) is darker (90% similar).
- Burberry No. 03 Pink Pearl (P, $68.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Angel Food (P, $8.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Physicians Formula Pink (P, $10.99) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Glow Burst (LE, $8.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
$34.00/0.35 oz. - $97.14 Per Ounce
The description has changed over the years--the most current description (as of 4/21/2018) is that it is a "slow-baked, velvety soft, domed face powder with a radiant finish" that can be used to highlight "the high points of the face" or blended "all over for a sheer luminous polish to the skin." The sheerness seems to be more in referenced to the finish than the coverage, as the usage now states to use the product damp for an even stronger sheen.
In general, the Mineralize Skinfinish formula tends to be more metallic to glittery with medium to opaque coverage--it really depends on the shade. The texture of the formula has been refined over the years with current editions being fairly smooth, blendable, and easy to use. The wear has varied from six to eight hours on me with newer shades and variations lasting closer to eight hours on average.
Browse all of our MAC Mineralize Skinfinish swatches.