MAC Sun-soaked Strip Next to Nothing Bronzing Powder ($30.00 for 0.35 oz.) is a medium-dark brown with warm, more balanced undertones, though it leaned slightly more red-based than yellow or orange-based. The consistency was smooth, silky, and finely-milled, but the more matte finish combined with the thinner consistency made it more prone to adhering very strongly wherever it was initially placed. This can happen with matte powders going over bare skin or liquid foundation that isn’t set/matte. It didn’t take too much extra effort to buff and blend out the edges, but it would be something I’d apply over setting powder going forward.
It had opaque pigmentation, though it was billed as having sheer-to-medium and buildable coverage, and it was a case where a little went a long way. It wore well for eight and a half hours on me before I noticed any fading.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Kevyn Aucoin Capri (Right) (P, $58.00) is darker, cooler (95% similar).
- Kosas Medium (P, $34.00) is darker (95% similar).
- Becca Aloha Bronze (LE, $38.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- Mented Cosmetics Yacht Life (P, $22.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- L'Oreal Deep (03) (P, $14.99) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Cover FX Suntan Bronze (Left) (PiP, ) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Chanel Medium Deep (P, $58.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Tarte Sweet Tea (LE, ) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- MAC Totally Taupeless (LE, $32.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- ColourPop Wild Card (LE, $8.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
$30.00/0.35 oz. - $85.71 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have a "silky-soft texture" with "sheer-to-medium buildable coverage and a natural, luminous finish." The finish is particularly lovely on this product--smooth, satiny but not shimmery, very skin-like. The powder was silky to the touch, finely-milled, but was a little thin, and I found it wasn't quite as blendable as you might want out of a bronzer, especially as it was quite pigmented. I'd highly recommend applying with a lighter hand, and if you use a dewier foundation, you might find it easier to work with over setting powder. It wore well for eight to nine hours on me before fading noticeably.
Browse all of our MAC Next to Nothing Bronzing Powder swatches.