MAC La Leyenda Extra Dimension Skinfinish ($37.00 for 0.31 oz.) is a medium-dark gold with strong, warm peachy undertones and a metallic sheen. It had opaque color coverage in a single layer with a smooth, dense, and slightly firmer consistency, so it was easy to pick up more or less product as desired.
The powder applied evenly to bare skin and blended out easily without emphasizing my skin’s natural texture. I’d recommend using a moderately-dense brush (something with a bit more surface area) to pick up product as that type of brush works best with the gel-powder formula. It stayed on nicely for eight and a half hours before fading visibly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Catrice Warm Embrace (P, $6.99) is less shimmery, lighter (95% similar).
- ColourPop Meet Me on the Other Side (LE, $10.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Dose of Colors Fuego (LE, $28.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Laura Mercier Infatuation (LE, $45.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Gold Bullion (LE, ) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Melt Cosmetics Gold Ore (P, $39.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- NARS Coucher de Soleil I (LE, ) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Tantalize (54) (P, $45.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- ColourPop Starflower (LE, $8.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Gilty (LE, $49.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
$37.00/0.31 oz. - $119.35 Per Ounce
The Extra Dimension Skinfinish formula is supposed to give “the perfect glow to the skin” with a “creamy powder formula” that wears for “10 hours.” It’s a powder highlighter that I’d describe as a moderate to intense highlighter, and they come in varying hues with some that might work as highlighting blushes/bronzers are on some skin tones and true highlighters on other skin tones. In general, the formula is very pigmented, blendable, and wears around eight to nine hours on me.
Browse all of our MAC Extra Dimension Skinfinish swatches.
Mica, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, C12-20 Acid Peg-8 Ester, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Squalane, Glycerin, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan) Extract, Ethylhexylglycerin, Dicalcium Phosphate, Polysorbate 80, 1,2-Hexanediol, Silica, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Tin Oxide, Caprylyl Glycol, [+/- Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (Ci 77163), Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090), Carmine (Ci 75470), Manganese Violet (Ci 77742), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140)]
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.