MAC Oh, Darling! Extra Dimension Skinfinish ($33.00 for 0.31 oz.) is a bright, medium gold with strong, warm undertones and a metallic sheen. It was richly pigmented with a smooth, dense consistency that felt firmer to the touch, but it wasn’t stiff to work with. The powder picked up well with a moderately dense brush (I often use a blush brush with this type of highlighting formula), applied evenly, and blended out with little effort. This shade is part of the permanent range (in regular packaging/pan design), and the specially-packaged holiday edition was consistent in color and performance with the permanent offering. This shade stayed on well for eight and a half hours on me.
- Melt Cosmetics Gold Ore (P, $39.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- Colour Pop On the Loose (PiP, $8.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Catrice Warm Embrace (P, $6.99) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Tarte Whimsical (LE, $29.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Maybelline Molten Gold (P, $9.99) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Anastasia So Hollywood (DC, $28.00) is cooler (95% similar).
- Dose of Colors Gold is the New Black (P, $28.00) is brighter (95% similar).
- LORAC Fearless (LE, $23.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- NARS Ibiza (P, $38.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Laura Geller Gilded Honey (P, $26.00) is lighter (95% similar).
$33.00/0.31 oz. - $106.45 Per Ounce
The Extra Dimension Skinfinish formula is supposed to give “the perfect glow to the skin” with a “creamy powder formula” that wears for “10 hours.” It’s a powder highlighter that I’d describe as a moderate to intense highlighter, and they come in varying hues with some that might work as highlighting blushes/bronzers are on some skin tones and true highlighters on other skin tones. In general, the formula is very pigmented, blendable, and wears around eight to nine hours on me.
Browse all of our MAC Extra Dimension Skinfinish swatches.