MAC Oh, Darling! Extra Dimension Skinfinish ($33.00 for 0.31 oz.) is a bright, medium gold with strong, warm undertones and a metallic sheen. It was richly pigmented with a smooth, dense consistency that felt firmer to the touch, but it wasn’t stiff to work with. The powder picked up well with a moderately dense brush (I often use a blush brush with this type of highlighting formula), applied evenly, and blended out with little effort. This shade is part of the permanent range (in regular packaging/pan design), and the specially-packaged holiday edition was consistent in color and performance with the permanent offering. This shade stayed on well for eight and a half hours on me.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Melt Cosmetics Gold Ore (P, $39.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Magic Star (LE, $45.00) is more shimmery, more muted (95% similar).
- Catrice Warm Embrace (P, $6.99) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Tarte Whimsical (LE, $29.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- MAC Always One Jump Ahead (LE, $35.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- ColourPop On the Loose (PiP, $8.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Maybelline Molten Gold (P, $9.99) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- ColourPop Electric Slide (DC, $8.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- LORAC Fearless (LE, $23.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Anastasia So Hollywood (DC, $28.00) is cooler (95% similar).
$37.00/0.31 oz. - $119.35 Per Ounce
The Extra Dimension Skinfinish formula is supposed to give “the perfect glow to the skin” with a “creamy powder formula” that wears for “10 hours.” It’s a powder highlighter that I’d describe as a moderate to intense highlighter, and they come in varying hues with some that might work as highlighting blushes/bronzers are on some skin tones and true highlighters on other skin tones. In general, the formula is very pigmented, blendable, and wears around eight to nine hours on me.
Browse all of our MAC Extra Dimension Skinfinish swatches.
Mica, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, C12-20 Acid Peg-8 Ester, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Squalane, Glycerin, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan) Extract, Ethylhexylglycerin, Dicalcium Phosphate, Polysorbate 80, 1,2-Hexanediol, Silica, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Tin Oxide, Caprylyl Glycol, [+/- Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (Ci 77163), Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090), Carmine (Ci 75470), Manganese Violet (Ci 77742), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140)]
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.