MAC Nuanced Mineralize Skinfinish ($34.00 for 0.35 oz.) is a medium peach with warm, rosy undertones and a metallic sheen. There seemed to be slight, larger sparkles throughout the powder, though it did not read glittery to me, particularly on my cheeks once blended out. The compact was comprised of peachy-gold, peach, soft copper, and darker peach, and I think, at best, you might be able to lean toward a more golden effect if one concentrated on the top half or more coppery, rusty by concentrating on the lower half. The colors were rather harmonious, all warm-toned, and closer together.
The powder as a soft, smooth, and blendable texture that was fairly finely-milled and applied evenly to my skin. The pigmentation was opaque in a single layer, but I felt like the texture made it easier to apply more or less depending on pressure and tool. It had a noticeable shine but wasn’t metallic enough that it emphasized my skin’s natural texture. On me, the highlighter (well, highlighting blush on my skin tone!) wore well for eight hours before fading slightly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- LORAC Sunlight (LE, $23.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Maybelline Molten Peach (P, $9.99) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Dose of Colors Melonade (P, $28.00) is less shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- Zoeva Palace Door (PiP, ) is cooler (90% similar).
- Milani Rosa Romantica (P, $8.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- bareMinerals The Premiere (LE, $26.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Urban Decay NSFW (LE, $26.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Dior Peach Delight (007) (LE, $50.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Colour Pop On My Mind (P, $8.00) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- NARS Tempted (P, $30.00) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
$34.00/0.35 oz. - $97.14 Per Ounce
The description has changed over the years--the most current description (as of 4/21/2018) is that it is a "slow-baked, velvety soft, domed face powder with a radiant finish" that can be used to highlight "the high points of the face" or blended "all over for a sheer luminous polish to the skin." The sheerness seems to be more in referenced to the finish than the coverage, as the usage now states to use the product damp for an even stronger sheen.
In general, the Mineralize Skinfinish formula tends to be more metallic to glittery with medium to opaque coverage--it really depends on the shade. The texture of the formula has been refined over the years with current editions being fairly smooth, blendable, and easy to use. The wear has varied from six to eight hours on me with newer shades and variations lasting closer to eight hours on average.
Browse all of our MAC Mineralize Skinfinish swatches.