Moons of Jupiter
MAC Moons of Jupiter Full Face Kit ($40.00 for 0.33 oz.) includes two Cream Colour Bases and one Sculpting Powder. The Cream Colour Base formula is supposed to have sheer, buildable coverage with a dewy finish that lasts for “eight hours on face and body” and has “lasting wear for hours on eyes. I tend to prefer Cream Colour Bases on cheeks for better wear and application, but for use on eyes, they’re best used as an all-over wash of color or on the brow bone to add shine. Both of the Cream Colour Bases in the palette were easy to blend out and had a dewy finish with buildable coverage, but the Sculpting Powder was incredibly difficult to blend out.
Ganymede is a golden bronze with warm undertones and a pearly sheen. It had semi-sheer, buildable coverage–up to semi-opaque opacity–with a creamy, lightly emollient consistency with a touch of tackiness. It applied well to bare skin, though on my complexion is was more like a highlighting bronzer than adding a lot of color. On fairer complexions, this might add more noticeable color. As a blush, the product stayed on well for seven hours, and on the eyes, it started to crease after six hours of wear.
- MAC I'll Hold My Breath #1 (LE, ) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Colour Pop Santos (LE, $8.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- MAC Cheek Pollen (LE, $24.00) is more shimmery, darker, more pigmented (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Paranoid (P, $26.00) is more shimmery, darker, more pigmented (90% similar).
- MAC Semi-Sweet (LE, ) is less shimmery (90% similar).
Callisto is a medium-dark, reddish copper with warm undertones and fine red and gold pearl. It had sheer, buildable coverage–up to medium opacity–with an emollient, lightly tacky consistency that was easily patted onto cheeks as a blush. It lasted for seven hours as a blush and six hours on the eyes.
- Surratt Beauty De Cherubique (P, $32.00) is lighter, warmer, less glossy (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Pink Glow #5 (LE, $60.00) is less glossy (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Ravish (Discontinued) (DC, $60.00) is less shimmery, more pigmented, less glossy (90% similar).
- MAC Love Thing (P, $29.00) is more shimmery, more pigmented, less glossy (90% similar).
- NYX Apricot (P, $15.00) is less glossy (90% similar).
- NARS Realm of the Senses #2 (LE, $30.00) is less shimmery, darker, more pigmented (90% similar).
- Pat McGrath Hedonistic (LE, $25.00) is more shimmery, darker (85% similar).
- NARS Deep Orgasm (LE, ) is more shimmery, warmer (85% similar).
- KKW Beauty Cherry (PiP, ) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (85% similar).
- Sephora Brick (PiP, ) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (85% similar).
Galaxite is a deep, chocolaty brown with a mostly matte finish. It had an intense color payoff, but it was, unfortunately, very dry and stiff to work with; this powder just would not diffuse, blend, or sheer out at all. The only way I could get it to not look like a big smudge on my cheek was to apply the teeniest, tiniest amount using a fan brush and then used my fingertips to blend out. The color did, however, wear for a solid eight hours.