Let It Glow
MAC Let It Glow Extra Dimension Skinfinish ($37.00 for 0.31 oz.) is a silvery-white with cooler undertones and a sparkling, luminous finish. It had larger flecks of sparkle in it compared to most of the Extra Dimension Skinfinishes I’ve tried over the years, which may come as a surprise to long-time fans. The texture was fairly smooth but had a drier feel to it than past shades in the formula, though by no means actually that dry/dusty–just not nearly as smooth and firm.
It had semi-opaque color payoff that applied evenly to bare skin and had good dispersion of shimmer/sparkle. The base seemed more translucent to me, so the coverage came more in the form of shimmer/sparkle to my eye. The finish was shinier, but it did not emphasize my skin’s natural texture. It wore nicely for eight and a half hours before fading a bit, and the shimmer/sparkle didn’t seem to migrate noticeably.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Clionadh Luna (P, $12.50) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Cover FX Prism (LE, $34.00) is more pigmented, cooler (90% similar).
- Anastasia Snowflake (P, $25.00) is more shimmery, lighter, more pigmented (90% similar).
- BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Edition #18 (LE, ) is more shimmery, lighter, more pigmented (90% similar).
- LORAC Fortune (LE, $23.00) is lighter, more pigmented, warmer (90% similar).
- Colour Pop S'il Vous Play (P, $8.00) is lighter, more pigmented (90% similar).
- Burberry No. 01 White (P, $68.00) is lighter, more pigmented (90% similar).
- Anastasia Icy (P, $22.00) is lighter, more pigmented, cooler (90% similar).
- Anastasia Luna (PiP, ) is more shimmery, lighter, more pigmented (90% similar).
- MAC Barely Dressed (LE, $34.00) is lighter, more pigmented (85% similar).
$37.00/0.31 oz. - $119.35 Per Ounce
The Extra Dimension Skinfinish formula is supposed to give “the perfect glow to the skin” with a “creamy powder formula” that wears for “10 hours.” It’s a powder highlighter that I’d describe as a moderate to intense highlighter, and they come in varying hues with some that might work as highlighting blushes/bronzers are on some skin tones and true highlighters on other skin tones. In general, the formula is very pigmented, blendable, and wears around eight to nine hours on me.
Browse all of our MAC Extra Dimension Skinfinish swatches.
Mica, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, C12-20 Acid Peg-8 Ester, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Squalane, Glycerin, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan) Extract, Ethylhexylglycerin, Dicalcium Phosphate, Polysorbate 80, 1,2-Hexanediol, Silica, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Tin Oxide, Caprylyl Glycol, [+/- Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (Ci 77163), Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090), Carmine (Ci 75470), Manganese Violet (Ci 77742), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140)]