MAC Barely Dressed Mineralize Skinfinish ($34.00 for 0.35 oz.) is a pale white with subtle, warm undertones and a soft, metallic sheen. It was comprimsed of four shades–white with pink shift, white with violet shift, white with green-yellow shift, and white with yellow shift–but blended together it just came a warmer white but didn’t really seem to shift.
Each quadrant would be larger enough to get the point of a tapered highlighting brush in if used with great care, but it would be more likely to concentrate a highlighting brush with two or more of the quadrants due to the size. The consistency was smooth, soft, and blendable with just a touch of dustiness in the pan (but it did not appear powdery on my skin). It had opaque pigmentation that was easy to sheer out or to apply with a lighter hand for more adjustable coverage. It wore well for eight hours on me before fading slightly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Burberry No. 01 White (LE, $68.00) is cooler (95% similar).
- OFRA Glazed Donut (P, $29.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Coloured Raine Fashion Show (P, $25.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Glow Watcher (LE, $4.99) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Physicians Formula Pearl (P, $10.99) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Becca Pearl (P, $38.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Where the Dreamers Go (LE, $2.99) is cooler (90% similar).
- NYX Ice Queen (P, $5.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Dior Strobe White (PiP, ) is cooler (90% similar).
- Anastasia Icy (P, $22.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
$34.00/0.35 oz. - $97.14 Per Ounce
The description has changed over the years--the most current description (as of 4/21/2018) is that it is a "slow-baked, velvety soft, domed face powder with a radiant finish" that can be used to highlight "the high points of the face" or blended "all over for a sheer luminous polish to the skin." The sheerness seems to be more in referenced to the finish than the coverage, as the usage now states to use the product damp for an even stronger sheen.
In general, the Mineralize Skinfinish formula tends to be more metallic to glittery with medium to opaque coverage--it really depends on the shade. The texture of the formula has been refined over the years with current editions being fairly smooth, blendable, and easy to use. The wear has varied from six to eight hours on me with newer shades and variations lasting closer to eight hours on average.
Browse all of our MAC Mineralize Skinfinish swatches.