L’Oreal Light (01) True Match Lumi Bronze It ($14.99 for 0.41 oz.) is a light-medium brown with subtle, warm undertones with a fine, golden sheen. The base pigmentation seemed desaturated and almost neutral-warm, while the addition of fine, golden pearl gave it a warmer look once applied and blended out. The texture was soft, drier to the touch with some powderiness in the pan, but it applied evenly and blended out nicely along the edges for a seamless application. The pigmentation was opaque, which was its only “downfall” as it was designed to be buildable–with a very light touch, you could build up the product (but this is true of most pigmented products!). It wore well for eight hours on me before fading noticeably.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- NARS Laguna (LE, $40.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Gucci Beauty Light (02) (P, $62.00) is darker (90% similar).
- ColourPop Wild Card (LE, $8.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- NABLA Cosmetics Soft Revenge (P, $26.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Hourglass Golden Bronze Light (P, $52.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Buxom Backyard Bronze (P, $28.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Makeup Revolution Golden Days (P, $6.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Moonlit Violet Sculpt (LE, ) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (85% similar).
- Hourglass Filtered Bronze Light (LE, $52.00) is more shimmery, warmer (85% similar).
- Cover FX Sunkissed (P, $38.00) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (85% similar).
$14.99/0.41 oz. - $36.56 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to be "buildable" that gives "an instant sun-kissed glow" to the skin. There are three shades, and all three were very pigmented--they can be used with a lighter hand for more gradual pigmentation (true of most pigmented products). The consistency was on the softer side with slight powderiness that was mostly present in the pan, as the powders sat well on my skin once applied. The bronzers blended out easily on my skin and stayed on well for seven to eight hours on me.
Browse all of our L'Oreal True Match Lumi Bronze It swatches.
Talc, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Silica, Nylon-12, Magnesium Stearate, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Isostearyl Alcohol, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Paraffinum Liquidum / Mineral Oil / Huile Minerale, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Paraffin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cera Microcristallina / Hydrogenated Microcrystalline Wax, Ethylene/Propylene Copolymer, Serica Powder / Silk Powder / Poudre De Soie, Tin Oxide, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate. May Contain: Mica, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77742 / Manganese Violet, CI 77007 / Ultramarines.
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.