L’Oreal Gleaming Plum Colour Riche Shine Lipstick ($9.99 for 0.10 oz.) is a medium-dark berry with subtle, cool undertones and a soft, pearly sheen. It had sheer coverage, which did not build up well, though it at least applied more evenly than Splendid Blackberry! The lipstick had a smooth, balmy consistency that was thin but not clingy. This shade lasted for three hours, stained very faintly, and was somewhat moisturizing while worn.
- Givenchy Purple Fiction (07) (P, $34.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Too Faced Metallic Jelly (P, $21.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Georgie (LE, $36.00) is brighter (90% similar).
- NARS Larkspur (LE, $28.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Hourglass Protector (P, $32.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Guerlain Plum-brella (070) (P, $32.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Boom (P, $22.00) is darker, less glossy (85% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Violet Fatale (P, $54.00) is less shimmery, darker (85% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Bianca (LE, $36.00) is less shimmery, lighter, brighter (85% similar).
- Colour Pop Too Sexy (LE, $5.50) is more shimmery, less glossy (85% similar).
- More dupes -- click to see the full list!
$9.99/0.10 oz. - $99.90 Per Ounce
The formula is described as "an ultra-rich, ultra-radiant lipstick with a glossy finish and comfortable wear." Per the brand, "in just one stroke," you'll get "rich color pay-off" with a "hydrating and lasting shine." The pigmentation varied from shade to shade but was generally medium to semi-opaque, often buildable to semi-opaque to opaque coverage. The texture was moderately emollient with noticeable slip, balminess, and felt lightweight on the lips.
Most of the shades did not emphasize the texture of my lips and didn't settle much into my lip lines (glossier, more slippery formulas often do!). The shades lasted between three and five hours with deeper/richer hues lasting longer and leaving very faint stains behind. I found the formula to be lightly hydrating over time and comfortable to wear. They had a sweet, fruity scent but no discernible taste.
Browse all of our L'Oreal Colour Riche Shine Lipstick swatches.
Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Diphenylsiloxy Phenyl Trimethicone, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Dipentaerythrityl Tetrahydroxystearate / Tetraisostearate, Bis-Behenyl / Isostearyl / Phytosteryl Dimer Dilinoleyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Polyethylene, Isohexadecane, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Ozokerite, HDI / Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Alumina, Parfum / Fragrance, Magnesium Silicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Silica, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Colophonium / Rosin / Colophane, Tin Oxide, Tocopherol. May Contain: CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 45410 / Red 28 Lake, CI 15850 / Red 7, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 45380 / Red 22 Lake, Mica, CI 15985 / Yellow 6 Lake, CI 77742 / Manganese Violet, CI 15850 / Red 6, CI 17200 / Red 33 Lake, CI 15850 / Red 7 Lake, CI 77120 / Barium Sulfate, CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 75470 / Carmine.