Lethal Cosmetics Hybrid Magnetic Face Powder (Blush) ($14.00 for 0.18 oz.) is a darker lavender with subtle, cool undertones and a semi-matte finish. The powder took on a softer, more natural matte finish–so not shimmery or shiny but not totally flat–that was kinder to skin texture and seemed to make the product easier to blend out overall.
It had buildable pigmentation from medium to opaque (two to three layers) with a smooth, more velvety texture that wasn’t too dense nor too softly-pressed into the pan. It lasted well for eight hours before fading slightly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- ColourPop Night Bloom (LE, $8.00) is more shimmery, warmer (95% similar).
- Makeup Geek Secret Admirer (P, $10.00) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- LORAC Ultraviolet (P, $23.00) is darker (90% similar).
- MAC Unicorn Dust (LE, $24.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- MAC Full of Joy (P, $24.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Urban Decay Bittersweet (DC, $26.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (85% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Drama Class (P, $20.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (80% similar).
- ColourPop Daddy (P, $5.00) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (80% similar).
- Viseart Violet #1 (PiP, ) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (80% similar).
$14.00/0.18 oz. - $77.78 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to blend "effortlessly" and "build" to a "luminous matte" finish and "any intensity with ease." In general, they had medium, buildable coverage that easily built up to mostly opaque to opaque coverage.
Per the brand, they recommend "tapping" rather than swirling one's brush, which I'd agree with for picking up more buildable pigment--swirling or heavier motions could yield more opaque coverage in one go (which could be desired).
The texture was moderately dense, smooth, and not powdery nor too firmly-pressed into the pan, so the product picked up well with more feathery brushes as well as denser brushes.
As I applied the powder and buffed it into my skin, they had a more semi-matte to natural matte finish--not flat or dry but not overly shimmery either. They looked more "melted" on my skin, which gave them a better and more flattering finish applied. They lasted between eight and nine hours on me before fading visibly.
Browse all of our Lethal Cosmetics Magnetic Face Powder (Blush) swatches.
CI 77019 (Mica), Magnesium Stearate, Kaolin, Zinc Stearate, Dimethicone, Caprylic/ Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone/ Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Ethylhexylglycerin. [+/- (May Contain): Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 778161 (Tin Oxide), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 16035 (Red 40 Lake), CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI 15850 (Red 7), CI 45410 (Red 27 Lake)]
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.