Laura Mercier Chai Blush Colour Infusion ($30.00 for 0.20 oz.) is a medium, rosy mauve with warm undertones and a matte finish. It had sheer, buildable coverage–up to semi-opaque with three layers–with a thin, stiffer texture that was harder to pick up evenly with a brush and more challenging to apply and diffuse on my skin as the color didn’t spread or diffuse well. I found that it darkened noticeably after application, which can be an issue with thinner, matte powders. This shade stayed on well for eight hours on me before I noticed fading.
- MAC Sur (LE, $24.00) is more shimmery, darker, brighter (85% similar).
- Physicians Formula Plum Rose (P, $12.99) is warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Blushbaby (P, $24.00) is darker, warmer (85% similar).
- KIKO 105 Dark Rose (P, $12.00) is darker, warmer (85% similar).
- Hourglass Mood Exposure (LE, $35.00) is warmer (85% similar).
- Chanel Rose Temptation (LE, $45.00) is darker (85% similar).
- LORAC Caribbean (LE, $23.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Makeup Geek Puppy Love (P, $10.00) is darker, warmer (85% similar).
- Tarte Unearthed (LE, $29.00) is darker, warmer (80% similar).
$30.00/0.2 oz. - $150.00 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "sheer, buildable" coverage that "blends seamlessly with skin" that lasts for "10 hours." I purchased two shades--one shimmer, one matte--to see how they performed before considering purchasing more of the range. The texture of both shades was rather thin with a firmer consistency that wasn't as blendable as I would have expected, though it had the sheer coverage that was described. It was buildable from sheer to mostly opaque coverage, though the shimmer shade I tried was easier to build up. They lasted around eight hours on me, which was solid wear, but it was shy of the 10-hour claim.
Browse all of our Laura Mercier Blush Colour Infusion swatches.
Talc, Dimethicone, Nylon-12, Zinc Stearate, Silica, Magnesium Myristate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Lauroyl Lysine, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol. May Contain (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Red 7 (Ci 15850).