Laura Mercier Chai Blush Colour InfusionLaura Mercier Chai Blush Colour Infusion ($30.00 for 0.20 oz.) is a medium, rosy mauve with warm undertones and a matte finish. It had sheer, buildable coverage–up to semi-opaque with three layers–with a thin, stiffer texture that was harder to pick up evenly with a brush and more challenging to apply and diffuse on my skin as the color didn’t spread or diffuse well. I found that it darkened noticeably after application, which can be an issue with thinner, matte powders. This shade stayed on well for eight hours on me before I noticed fading.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- ColourPop I Need Space (P, $10.00) is more shimmery, warmer (85% similar).
- MAC Blushbaby (P, $24.00) is darker, warmer (85% similar).
- ColourPop Coast to Coast (P, $10.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- KIKO 105 Dark Rose (P, $12.00) is darker, warmer (85% similar).
- Chanel Rose Temptation (LE, $45.00) is darker (85% similar).
- Hourglass Mood Exposure (P, $40.00) is warmer (85% similar).
- LORAC Caribbean (LE, $23.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Physicians Formula Plum Rose (P, $12.99) is warmer (90% similar).
- Makeup Geek Puppy Love (P, $10.00) is darker, warmer (85% similar).
- MAC Sur (LE, $24.00) is more shimmery, darker, brighter (85% similar).
$30.00/0.2 oz. - $150.00 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "sheer, buildable" coverage that "blends seamlessly with skin" that lasts for "10 hours." I purchased two shades--one shimmer, one matte--to see how they performed before considering purchasing more of the range. The texture of both shades was rather thin with a firmer consistency that wasn't as blendable as I would have expected, though it had the sheer coverage that was described. It was buildable from sheer to mostly opaque coverage, though the shimmer shade I tried was easier to build up. They lasted around eight hours on me, which was solid wear, but it was shy of the 10-hour claim.
Browse all of our Laura Mercier Blush Colour Infusion swatches.
Talc, Dimethicone, Nylon-12, Zinc Stearate, Silica, Magnesium Myristate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Lauroyl Lysine, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol. May Contain (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Red 7 (Ci 15850).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.