Kat Von D K-Dub Everlasting Liquid Lipstick ($21.00 for 0.20 fl. oz.) is a vibrant, magenta purple with subtle, warmer pink undertones and a flat, matte finish. It had nearly opaque coverage in a single layer, and it took long enough to dry that adding extra product was doable (the swatch shows a single layer). The consistency was thin, fluid, and smooth without being watery, so I had no trouble controlling and spreading the product on my lips when it was wet. It dried down in two minutes and did not “crack” when I smiled. The color stayed on well for over eight hours and did not show any signs of uneven fading. The formula only started to feel drying after six and a half hours of wear.
- Colour Pop Lychee (LE, $6.50) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Viva Glam Ariana Grande 2 (LE, $19.50) is warmer, glossier (95% similar).
- Urban Decay Bittersweet (P, $18.00) is more muted, glossier (90% similar).
- Kat Von D L.U.V. (P, $20.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Exhibition (P, $18.00) is lighter, glossier (90% similar).
- Bite Beauty Orchid (LE, $24.00) is glossier (95% similar).
- Anastasia Madison (P, $20.00) is darker, warmer (85% similar).
- Kat Von D L.U.V. (DC, $21.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Bite Beauty #098 (P, $18.00) is darker, more muted (85% similar).
- Tarte Surfer Girl (P, $22.00) is lighter, brighter (85% similar).
$20.00/0.22 oz. - $90.91 Per Ounce
It is supposed to be a “long-wear, full coverage liquid lipstick with a smooth, matte finish.” Of the liquid lipsticks on the market that go and have a full dry-down, Kat Von D’s formula remains my favorite, as it is the easiest to apply with the kindest learning curve and lasts awhile.
Some shades are more drying than others, but typically they don’t get drying until after five to six hours of wear. They often wear anywhere from six to ten hours, depending on what you’ve had to eat or drink during the day. This formula is thin but not watery, has a longer dry down than most liquid lipsticks (but I noticed some of the newer shades dried to a mostly dry finish faster), and layers better than most (you can touch-up or add a second layer for more coverage).
It takes about a minute for it to mostly set, but it will remain a little tacky in places for up to three minutes so you’ll want to avoid pressing your lips together if it doesn’t seem totally dry initially. There isn’t a noticeable scent or taste. If you don’t mind the trade-off between very long, near-pristine wear and being drying, it’s worth checking out. As a bonus, these also come with one of the most generous amounts of products within the realm of liquid lipsticks!
Browse all of our Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick swatches.