JD Glow Synopsis Pressed Powder Illuminator ($16.50 for 0.28 oz.) seemed to have a transparent base packed with pearl and sparkle that shifted from bluish-lavender to warmer, green-gold with a metallic, sparkling sheen. It had good pigmentation in a single layer, which could be sheered out or built up for full coverage with less than a second layer.
The texture was smooth, lightly emollient, almost creamy but was very thin and almost wet-like in its sheen when applied to bare skin. The product picked up well with a brush and applied evenly to my skin, blended out without issue, and didn’t emphasize my skin’s natural texture. It wore well for eight and a half hours before fading slightly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- MAC Lights on Lavender (LE, $44.00) is less shimmery, warmer (95% similar).
- Clionadh Current (P, $12.50) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (95% similar).
- Danessa Myricks Blue Moon (LE, ) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Cover FX Prism (LE, $34.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Dior Rose (LE, ) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Make Up For Ever 6 Frozen Turquoise (P, $21.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Pure Magic (LE, $6.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Urban Decay When Doves Cry (LE, $19.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- ColourPop Spellbound (LE, $10.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Water Tribe (LE, $4.50) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
$16.50/0.28 oz. - $58.93 Per Ounce
The highlighter formula runs nearly opaque to opaque with moderate to intense luminosity. A couple of the more metallic shades can emphasize skin texture when worn at higher coverage levels, but for the most part, the glow was intense, shiny, and reflective without emphasizing my natural texture.
The consistency felt smooth, lightweight, and thin without being powdery or too firmly-pressed into the pan, so it wasn't messy to use while picking up readily with a typical highlighter brush. There was a creaminess and some slip to it that made it feel almost like a cream-powder but was definitely a powder product. The highlighter applied evenly to bare skin, blended out with ease, and lasted between eight and nine hours before fading on me.
Browse all of our JD Glow Pressed Powder Illuminator swatches.
Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Palmitate, Zinc Stearate, Nylon 12, Boron Nitride, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol. May Also Contain: Oxide Pigments, Ultramarines, Chromium Green, Lake Dyes, Copper Powder, Bronze Powder, Aluminum Powder, Tin Oxide, Borosilicate, Fragrance
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.