JD Glow Serenity Pressed Powder Illuminator ($16.50 for 0.28 oz.) is a bright, medium pink base with moderate, warm undertones paired with lighter, peachy-gold shimmer that gave it a stronger, warmer feel altogether. The highlighter had a fairly strong, luminous glow that stopped short of emphasizing my skin’s natural texture.
It had opaque pigmentation in a single layer, which was easy to blend out for a sheerer effect (or to use with a lighter hand). The powder had a smooth consistency that was more firmly-pressed without being stiff to work with, so the powder picked up well on my brush but had an even distribution of color when applied. It lasted well for almost nine hours before showing signs of fading.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Looxi Beauty Valley Girl (P, $7.50) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (85% similar).
- Natasha Denona Love Glow (Super Glow) (PiP, $38.00) is darker, cooler (85% similar).
- MAC Starquake (LE, $37.00) is darker, cooler (85% similar).
- Sydney Grace Cantata (P, $9.00) is more shimmery, warmer (85% similar).
- Bobbi Brown Sunrise Glow (P, $48.00) is less shimmery, darker (85% similar).
- Too Faced Strobeberry (Highlighter) (PiP, ) is darker (85% similar).
- Make Up For Ever 11 Golden Orange (P, $21.00) is darker (85% similar).
- Laura Geller Fruit Punch (P, $28.00) is less shimmery, darker (80% similar).
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Jet Girl (82) (LE, $49.00) is darker, warmer (80% similar).
- Natasha Denona Vibrant Coral & Golden (PiP, $38.00) is darker (80% similar).
$16.50/0.28 oz. - $58.93 Per Ounce
The highlighter formula runs nearly opaque to opaque with moderate to intense luminosity. A couple of the more metallic shades can emphasize skin texture when worn at higher coverage levels, but for the most part, the glow was intense, shiny, and reflective without emphasizing my natural texture.
The consistency felt smooth, lightweight, and thin without being powdery or too firmly-pressed into the pan, so it wasn't messy to use while picking up readily with a typical highlighter brush. There was a creaminess and some slip to it that made it feel almost like a cream-powder but was definitely a powder product. The highlighter applied evenly to bare skin, blended out with ease, and lasted between eight and nine hours before fading on me.
Browse all of our JD Glow Pressed Powder Illuminator swatches.
Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Palmitate, Zinc Stearate, Nylon 12, Boron Nitride, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol. May Also Contain: Oxide Pigments, Ultramarines, Chromium Green, Lake Dyes, Copper Powder, Bronze Powder, Aluminum Powder, Tin Oxide, Borosilicate, Fragrance