Flower Beauty Melon Blush Bomb ($9.99 for 0.3 oz.) is a medium-dark, true coral with warm undertones and a dewy sheen. It appeared slightly pinker when applied sheer to medium (one to two layers) but appeared slightly warmer (and richer) when worn at semi-opaque or greater coverage (two to three layers, depending on how much was applied in each layer). The consistency is spreadable and fluid without being watery, as it has more of a gel-like texture, but I do find I prefer applying in layers to build up coverage rather than just using more product initially–it seems to yield a better, more even and precise application. It dried down for the most part but still had a luminous finish that was very my-skin-but-better. It stayed on nicely for eight and a half hours on me before fading noticeably.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Fenty Beauty Daiquiri Dip (P, $20.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- NYX Tuscan (P, $6.50) is cooler, less glossy (90% similar).
- Chanel Intonation (69) (DC, $38.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- NARS Crave (P, $30.00) is lighter, cooler, less glossy (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Nude Glow (Center) (LE, ) is lighter, warmer, less glossy (90% similar).
- MAC Hey, Coral, Hey (P, $29.00) is lighter, cooler, less glossy (90% similar).
- Viseart Ablaze (Blush) (PiP, ) is lighter, cooler, less glossy (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Holiday (2019) (P, $8.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Zoeva CR010 (P, ) is lighter, cooler, less glossy (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Ooh She's Blushing (LE, $8.00) is lighter, cooler, less glossy (90% similar).
$9.99/0.3 oz. - $33.30 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "buildable" coverage with a "natural looking" finish that "blends seamlessly" and is "non-staining." They have a gel-like consistency--more liquid-like but with more substance, a little less watery in feel--that plays better with base products than more water-like liquid/cream blushes. This type of gel texture seems to smooth over base products without lifting them up in my experience. I found the texture easy to apply over bare skin or base products with fingertips or synthetic brushes (though I tend to use fingertips for ease and because they're faster to clean between swatches!). They dried down for the most part but remained more natural to dewy in finish, which was the best of both worlds -- the sheen of liquid and cream products but without a bunch of slip-and-slide during wear.
The pigmentation ranged from shade to shade, though they were all buildable, but a couple of shades, like Bitten (deeper berry), were shades where a little went a long way; they were more semi-opaque to opaque in coverage with sheer coverage being possible by using a very small amount of product. The wear ranged from eight to nine hours before the color started to fade noticeably.
Browse all of our Flower Beauty Blush Bomb swatches.
Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Synthetic Wax, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Behenyl Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide, Isododecane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Phenoxyethanol, Iron Oxides, Red 6 Lake, Dimethiconol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Disodium EDTA, Tropolone.