Flower Beauty Cinnamon Blush Bomb ($9.99 for 0.3 oz.) is a light-medium, peachy brown with strong, warm undertones and a dewy sheen. It had buildable coverage from semi-sheer to mostly opaque, which definitely depended on how much product was squeezed out at a time. The texture was smooth, gel-like–fluid and spreadable but not watery or runny–and applied well to bare skin as well as over foundation (without lifting it up). It dried down for the most part but retained a lot of that dewy sheen. On me, the blush stayed on well for eight and a half hours before fading a bit.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Chanel Destiny (61) (DC, $38.00) is more shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- ColourPop Kiss Kiss (P, $7.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- Chanel Cheeky (79) (DC, $38.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Sand Storm (LE, $21.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Kosas Tropic Equinox (High Intensity) (Blush) (PiP, ) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- NARS Get Lost (LE, $30.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Viseart Bronze #1 (PiP, ) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Roosevelt (P, $8.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Makeup Geek Infatuation (P, $10.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- MAC Semi-Sweet (LE, ) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (85% similar).
$9.99/0.3 oz. - $33.30 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "buildable" coverage with a "natural looking" finish that "blends seamlessly" and is "non-staining." They have a gel-like consistency--more liquid-like but with more substance, a little less watery in feel--that plays better with base products than more water-like liquid/cream blushes. This type of gel texture seems to smooth over base products without lifting them up in my experience. I found the texture easy to apply over bare skin or base products with fingertips or synthetic brushes (though I tend to use fingertips for ease and because they're faster to clean between swatches!). They dried down for the most part but remained more natural to dewy in finish, which was the best of both worlds -- the sheen of liquid and cream products but without a bunch of slip-and-slide during wear.
The pigmentation ranged from shade to shade, though they were all buildable, but a couple of shades, like Bitten (deeper berry), were shades where a little went a long way; they were more semi-opaque to opaque in coverage with sheer coverage being possible by using a very small amount of product. The wear ranged from eight to nine hours before the color started to fade noticeably.
Browse all of our Flower Beauty Blush Bomb swatches.
Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Synthetic Wax, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Behenyl Dimethicone, Isododecane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethiconol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Disodium EDTA, Tropolone. May Contain: Red 7 Lake, Titanium Dioxide, Yellow 5 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Iron Oxides.
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.