Fenty Beauty Penny4UThots Killawatt Freestyle Highlighter ($36.00 for 0.28 oz.) is a medium-dark, red-toned brown with subtle, warm undertones and big, chunks of flat glitter. This was some of the chunkiest glitter I’ve seen in a non-body-glitter kind of product. It looked like big flecks of dirt on my skin (see the second face photo, which has specks of copper on my cheek) and didn’t seem to reflect light at all–it wasn’t sparkling or glittery in photos nor in person. The texture was smooth to the touch, firmer but not stiff to work with, and the underlying powder applied evenly and blended out nicely. If one just wiped away the larger glitter chunks after applying, the rest of it sat well on my skin. The powder stayed on well for nine hours before fading, though some of the glitter traveled over time.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Huda Beauty Juno (P, $35.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Anastasia Rose Gold (LE, $25.00) is lighter (85% similar).
- Make Up For Ever H312 (P, $23.00) is more shimmery, brighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Anastasia Patina (LE, $25.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- rms beauty Madeira Bronzer (P, $38.00) is less shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
- ColourPop Total Package (P, $8.00) is more shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
- Coloured Raine Your Treat (P, $25.00) is lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Clinique Bronze Glow (P, $27.00) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Rare Beauty Reflect (P, $22.00) is darker, cooler (85% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Go With the Glow (P, $5.99) is lighter, warmer (85% similar).
$36.00/0.26 oz. - $138.46 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have a "creamy texture" with a "mega-reflective, foil-like finish" that can be used on the "face, eyes, collarbone [or] anywhere you crave a touch of light." The brand described them as "buildable, color-rich luminizers," which seems to indicate the finish is more buildable than the base (as they're touted as "color-rich" in other marketing pieces).
The majority of the shades have mostly opaque to opaque pigmentation and have a denser, firmer texture (not stiff, though) that lends itself to lighter-hand application for sheerer coverage if preferred. Most of the shades were pearly to metallic with slight, finer sparkle and didn't emphasize my skin's natural texture.
They lasted between eight and nine hours on me with minimal fading over time. As eyeshadows, they performed decently, but a couple of shades had larger flecks of sparkle, which seemed to look more obvious when I tried blending them out as an eyeshadow.
Browse all of our Fenty Beauty Killawatt Foil Freestyle Highlighter swatches.
Mica, Dimethicone, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Isododecane, Triethylhexanoin, Polyethylene, Magnesium Myristate, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Bismuth Oxychloride (Ci 77163), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499, Ci 77491, Ci 77492), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.