Holo at Me
Fenty Beauty Holo at Me Diamond Bomb All-Over Diamond Veil ($38.00 for 0.28 oz.) has a nearly-translucent base with flecks of silver and pink sparkle that shifted from warmer peachy-pink to cooler violet. It had a mix of smaller shimmer and larger sparkle, so it was a more glittery highlight, though I felt like the particle size was still finer than full-on glitter.
The texture was incredibly dense and firm, which made it harder to pick up product without really jabbing my brush into the surface–even when I used a denser, more flat-edged brush–and I felt like a lot of the sparkle got trapped in my brush or disappeared by the time I applied and blended it out on my skin. The effect was far subtler than I would have guessed from initial swatches. It felt a lot less cream-powder like compared to the original Diamond Bomb; I would have had said this was a full powder-based formula.
I think it can be built up from semi-sheer coverage and intensified for a more sparkly effect, and on my complexion, it definitely paired better with a stronger cheek color as on its own, it seemed to get lost. The product is marketed as a “veil” of sparkle, so the translucent base was as anticipated but the actual amount of sparkle that translated seemed under. It wore well for seven and a half hours but had some sparkles that had migrated throughout the day.
- Maybelline Opal (050) (P, $9.99) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Tarte Believe (LE, $28.00) is more shimmery, lighter, more pigmented (90% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Chillz (P, $36.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop You Idiots! You Fools! You Imbeciles! (LE, $10.00) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Laura Geller Diamond Dust (LE, $26.00) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Becca Love (LE, $38.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- ColourPop Candy Floss (LE, $8.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Anastasia Magic (LE, ) is more shimmery, more pigmented, warmer (90% similar).
- Make Up For Ever 3 Frozen Orange (P, $21.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- ColourPop Spellbound (LE, $8.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).