Bomb Baby 2
Fenty Beauty Bomb Baby 2 Mini Lip Gloss & Highlighter Set ($24.00 for oz.) is a new, limited edition set that features a miniature-sized gloss and highlighter; the gloss is a new shade, while the highlighter is part of the Sand Castle/Mint’d Mojito duo (which is permanent). The products performed consistently with their formulas.
Sweet Mouth is a very light, warmer peach with fine, multi-colored pearl throughout. It had a smooth, plush consistency that was comfortable to wear, easy to spread, and didn’t gather in my lip lines noticeably. It had semi-sheer coverage, which was in line with the formula, and it noticeably lightened my natural lip color and (almost gave my lips a milky quality to them). The gloss was non-sticky, hydrating, and lasted well for three and a half hours on me.
- Pat McGrath Peach Perversion (P, $30.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Pat McGrath Flesh Astral (P, $30.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Snow Day (P, $6.00) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Saint No Angel (LE, $17.50) is more shimmery, darker (85% similar).
- Colour Pop Drippin' (LE, $6.00) is darker, warmer (85% similar).
- MAC Fashion Whim (LE, $20.00) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Colour Pop Fantasia (P, $6.00) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (85% similar).
- Laura Mercier Catherine (LE, $25.00) is less shimmery, cooler (85% similar).
$18.00/0.3 oz. - $60.00 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have a “peach-vanilla” scent (I’d agree–sweet, lightly fruity) and be “conditioning.” It was designed to be worn alone or layered over other lip products. The consistency was very smooth, light-to-medium in weight, non-sticky, and comfortable to wear. It had a plusher consistency that helped it stay out of most of my lip lines. The shimmer was moderate but noticeable, and it distributed evenly across the lips. They last about three hours on my lips but are hydrating.
Browse all of our Fenty Beauty Gloss Bomb Lip Luminizer swatches.
Polybutene, Octyldodecanol, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Tricaprylin, Cera Microcristallina/Microcrystalline Wax/Cire Microcristalline, Polyethylene, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Vp/Hexadecene Copolymer, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Sorbitan Oleate, Silica, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Mica, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Caprylyl Glycol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter Unsaponifiables, Aroma/Flavor, Benzyl Benzoate, Tribehenin, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Parfum/Fragrance, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Limonene, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Lactic Acid, Tin Oxide, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1, Acrylates Copolymer, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891).
Sand Castle is a light-medium, silvery taupe with warmer undertones and a cooler, silvery sheen. At times, the color looked almost lilac on my skin, though it often looked like a cooler “bronzing” hue, too. The texture was smooth to the touch, lightly creamy without being too densely pressed into the pan. It applied evenly and blended out with little effort without emphasizing my skin’s natural texture. It wore well for nine hours on me before fading visibly.
Note, this shade is part of a permanent duo, but the version in the set is much, much more shimmery–the silvery shimmer is much more noticeable, which gives it a lighter, brighter effect straight on but when I angle my arm, they actually looked the same (I tested in person). They also appeared the same once applied and blended out on actual cheeks.
- Giorgio Armani #8 (DC, $33.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Anastasia Riviera (DC, $28.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Toasted (P, $19.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Anastasia Pink Champagne (P, $12.00) is darker (90% similar).
- NARS Friction (LE, $30.00) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Huda Beauty Cashmere (PiP, ) is darker (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Snake Eyes (P, $4.50) is darker (90% similar).
- Colour Pop The Golden Child (LE, $8.00) is darker (80% similar).
- MAC Superwatt (LE, $22.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Looxi Beauty Fallen (P, $7.50) is warmer (85% similar).
The formula is supposed to have a "creamy texture" with a "mega-reflective, foil-like finish" that can be used on the "face, eyes, collarbone [or] anywhere you crave a touch of light." The brand described them as "buildable, color-rich luminizers," which seems to indicate the finish is more buildable than the base (as they're touted as "color-rich" in other marketing pieces). The majority of the shades have mostly opaque to opaque pigmentation and have a denser, firmer texture (not stiff, though) that lends itself to lighter-hand application for sheerer coverage if preferred. Most of the shades were pearly to metallic with slight, finer sparkle and didn't emphasize my skin's natural texture. They lasted between eight and nine hours on me with minimal fading over time. As eyeshadows, they performed decently, but a couple of shades had larger flecks of sparkle, which seemed to look more obvious when I tried blending them out as an eyeshadow.
Browse all of our Fenty Beauty Killawatt Foil Freestyle Highlighter swatches.
Dimethicone, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Mica, Isododecane, Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Triethylhexanoin, Polyethylene, Magnesium Myristate, Phenoxyethanol, Silica, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Water, Aluminum Powder (Ci 77000), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (Ci 77163), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Carmine (Ci 75470).