elf Isla del Sol Luminous Putty Blush Review & Swatches
Isla del Sol
elf Isla del Sol Luminous Putty Blush ($7.00 for 0.35 oz.) is a medium orange with warmer, yellower-leaning undertones paired with very fine pearl that gave it a satin-matte finish.
- Medium to semi-opaque, buildable color coverage
- Lightweight, thin, and emollient feel (like a typical cream blush)
- Dried down to a more velvety, putty-like texture, then finally mostly matte
- Blendable in wet-stage, more prone to lifting up base products in putty-stage
- Long-wearing (8 hours)
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- LYS Beauty Inspire (P, $16.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- elf Bahamas (P, $7.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Kosas Helios (Blush) (PiP, ) is warmer (95% similar).
- Giorgio Armani Warm Coral (30) (P, $38.00) is less shimmery, warmer (95% similar).
- Rare Beauty Nearly Apricot (P, $21.00) is less shimmery, lighter (95% similar).
- Moira I Want You (P, $8.50) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- About Face Cowgirl (P, $18.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- LYS Beauty Classy (P, $16.00) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- ColourPop Stop It (LE, $8.00) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Tower 28 Golden Hour (P, $20.00) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
$7.00/0.35 oz. - $20.00 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to be "highly pigmented" and "creamy" with a "lightweight, buildable formula" that dries down to a "semi-matte powder finish." They were more medium to semi-opaque and buildable with respect to coverage, depending on how much product one picked up initially, but the formula tended to sheer out a bit in practice, so it was hard to overdo.
The consistency was lightweight, emollient, and thin with moderate slip, and as it dried down, it turned more velvety and "putty" like; I did find that I needed to work while it was in its wet-form as the "putty" stage was more prone to picking up base products or applying unevenly. Once applied and blended out, it had a more matte finish and was not dewy in finish nor tacky to the touch.
The shades lasted eight to nine hours on me before showing signs of fading.
Browse all of our elf Luminous Putty Blush swatches.
Phenyl Trimethicone, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), Mica, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Synthetic Wax, Silica, Polyisobutene, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Tin Oxide, Glycerin Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Red 30 Lake (Ci 73360), Red Iron Oxide (Ci 77491), Orange 4 (Ci 15510), Red 40 Lake (Ci 16035)
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.
Such a juicy summertime blush! Gorgeous! 🍊
Yes, yes, yes! Same thought! and it’s still subtle (and buildable for those who want to work it).