Dior Hologlam (601) Rouge Blush ($44.00 for 0.23 oz.) is a light-medium, pink-coral base (almost matte in finish) paired with iridescent blue and violet sparkle. The finish had a distinctive sparkle and sheen that seemed more “on top” of the base color, as if I had applied a blush and then topped with a highlighter. It was spectacular and hard to replicate with a single product (but if you have a bluish-violet highlighter, try that over a peach/coral blush!). The texture was smooth to the touch, denser and firmer, though not stiff or difficult to blend out. It had good color payoff that was buildable to full coverage with less than half of a layer on top. The blush stayed on nicely for eight and a half hours on me and did not seem to suffer from sparkle migration.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Colour Pop Mr. Wind (LE, $8.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Cover FX Spiced Cinnamon (Right) (PiP, ) is less shimmery (85% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Solar Exposure (Blush) (LE, $60.00) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- MAC Miss Cupcake (LE, ) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- MAC Sippin' on Stars (LE, $27.00) is darker, warmer (85% similar).
- Too Faced Strobeberry (Highlighter) (PiP, ) is more shimmery, darker (85% similar).
- Anastasia Kitty Kat (LE, ) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (80% similar).
- Hourglass Luminous Glow (LE, $40.00) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (80% similar).
- Colour Pop Kelp Me (LE, $5.00) is darker, cooler (80% similar).
- Persona Georgia (P, $22.00) is less shimmery, warmer (80% similar).
$44.00/0.23 oz. - $191.30 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "intense, ultra-pigmented color that lasts," though under "formula," the brand states that it has "bold, yet buildable color." Most of the shades I tried were quite pigmented, but the denser, smoother consistency of the powder made it possible to apply less for more buildable coverage as they weren't too powdery nor too stiff in the pan to work with. They applied easily, blended out well, and stayed on for eight to nine hours on me. The powders did have a floral scent to them, though I did not notice the scent when applied to my skin (more in the compact).
Browse all of our Dior Rouge Blush swatches.