Colour Pop Mythic Journey Ultra Glossy Lip ($6.00 for 0.11 oz.) has a clear base and flecks of multi-colored sparkle and pearl. At a glance, it seemed to have a stronger mix of gold, silver, and lavender, but it read truly multi-colored at most angles.
It had a lightweight consistency that had no tackiness, was smoothing and comfortable to wear as it softened my lip lines. It had sheer coverage (in the form of shimmer), which is in line with this finish (I’ll update if this changes once the official description is on the brand’s site). It stayed on well for two hours and was moisturizing over time.
- Urban Decay Star Stunner (P, $20.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Pat McGrath Pale Fire Nectar (P, $30.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Dose of Colors The Most (LE, $17.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Surratt Beauty Oh La La (P, $32.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- MAC Sugar Coat (LE, $18.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Surratt Beauty Faux Pas (P, $32.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Colour Pop My Pet (LE, $7.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Pat McGrath Aliengelic (P, $30.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Supercute (LE, $6.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Starburst (LE, $6.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
$6.00/0.11 oz. - $54.55 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "hi-shine" with a "non-sticky" texture that "feels amazing" and includes five finishes "from 3-D pearl to sheer tinted colour." They are designed to be a sheerer formula, so many shades are sheer with a smattering of shimmer or sparkle and then a few are more tinted with sheer to semi-sheer coverage but no shimmer. Each gloss has a short, brush-type applicator, which worked better than I expected and didn't leave streaky results behind (in general). They had a sweet, vanilla scent but no discernible taste.
The "Tinted" finish ("glass-like shine with tint of sheer colour and no shimmer") was the least consistent--sometimes prone to unevenness and getting into lip lines, particularly with deeper/richer shades, whereas Pearlescent ("glass-like shine with subtle shimmer") and Prismatic ("glass-like shine with floating multi dimensional pearl and glitters") are sheer to translucent with the major difference being finer shimmer in the Pearlescent finish and larger, more glitter-like particles in the Prismatic finish. Both finishes tended to look plush and more smoothing on my lips. The Creme finish is a "medium-coverage gloss with a creamy finish that does not contain any pearls or glitter." The Metallic is described as a "full-coverage gloss with a mix of pearl and metallic finishes."
The wear time varied by shade but the sheerer ones tended to wear between two and three hours as the formula was, indeed, non-sticky and smooth, which made them lighter-weight and comfortable to wear but shorter wearing. A lot of the sheerer shades ran together, so I would recommend just picking up one or two rather than several as the differences are likely to be lost! Also, keep in mind that sheerer lip colors can look different from person to person due to much of the natural lip color coming through.
Browse all of our Colour Pop Ultra Glossy Lip swatches.
Colour Pop Little Snow Lux Lipstick ($7.00 for 0.12 oz.) is a medium-dark, rosy plum with subtle, warm undertones and a satin finish. It had opaque pigmentation in a single layer, which applied evenly and smoothly across my lips without tugging.
The lipstick had a lightweight, lightly creamy texture that wasn’t too thick or too thin, but it seemed to separate slightly along my deeper lip lines, though it wasn’t noticeable in person (just in the close-up photos). It wore well for five and a half hours and was lightly hydrating over time.
- MAC Mon Coeur (P, $19.00) is cooler (95% similar).
- Hourglass One Time (P, $34.00) is darker, cooler (95% similar).
- Sephora Stronger (19) (P, $13.00) is warmer, glossier (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Happy Thoughts (LE, $6.00) is darker, cooler, less glossy (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Crisis (P, $18.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Amazing Amal (P, $37.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Nonsense (LE, $18.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Bobbi Brown Plum Rose (P, $37.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Bobbi Brown Bitter Sweet (P, $27.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Bobbi Brown Berry Rose (P, $37.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
$7.00/0.12 oz. - $58.33 Per Ounce
The formula that is supposed to be a "creamy-matte" that "glides on like butter, doesn't feather or bleed, and lasts so long you'll forget you're even wearing it." The majority of the shades were quite pigmented with full color payoff in a single stroke with a few in the more semi-opaque coverage range.
The texture was, on average, smooth, lightly creamy, and not too thick or too thin, so there was no tugging during application but the color didn't feel slippery while worn, which made them easier to apply straight from the tube and low-maintenance on the lips.
They tend to dry and wear down to a soft matte finish within one to three hours of wear, and while they are very lightweight on, they hug the lips more as they become more matte (compared to initial feel). The wear time has been between four and six hours for most shades, and most shades were non-drying to lightly hydrating. They were vanilla-scented but had no discernible taste.
Browse all of our Colour Pop Lux Lipstick swatches.