Zero to Hero
Colour Pop Zero to Hero Disney Designer Cheek & Lip Duo ($18.00 for 0.43 oz.) is a new, limited edition duo that features an icy lavender highlighter with a warmer, reddish plum liquid lipstick. Both shades applied evenly, were easy to work with, and had good longevity, though the liquid lipstick was rather pigmented instead of more medium coverage and buildable as marketed.
Big Tough Girl
Big Tough Girl is a bright, icy lavender with cool undertones and a metallic sheen. Unlike a lot of lavender highlighters, it wasn’t really a duochrome; it had subtle iridescence but looked like an icy lavender most of the time (which isn’t a bad thing). The texture was smooth to the touch, lightly creamy but a little drier compared to the other highlighters released in the collection. It had semi-opaque pigmentation that built up to full coverage with a second layer. It lasted nicely for eight hours on me before fading noticeably.
- Guerlain Holographic (Right) (LE, ) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (95% similar).
- Sleek MakeUP Hemisphere (PiP, ) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (95% similar).
- Makeup Geek Celestial (P, $20.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Huda Beauty Arctic Glow (LE, ) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Royal Calyx (P, $4.99) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Looxi Beauty Luna (P, $7.50) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Make Up For Ever 5 Frozen Purple (P, $21.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild White Raven (LE, $4.99) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- MAC Soft Frost (P, $33.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Laura Mercier Obsession (LE, $45.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
$8.00/0.23 oz. - $34.78 Per Ounce
The powder highlighter is supposed to have a "high-shine" finish with "high colour intensity." In general, ColourPop's pressed highlighter powders have a smooth, moderately dense texture that was soft enough to be picked up easily by a brush but not kick up any powder in the pan. The formula was semi-opaque to opaque but easily sheered out for less shine and coverage if desired. There were a few shades within the range that emphasized my skin's natural texture slightly but most did not. The wear ranged from seven and a half hours to nine hours.
Browse all of our Colour Pop Pressed Powder Highlighter swatches.
Talc, Boron Nitride, Nylon-12, Magnesium Stearate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Zinc Stearate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Distarch Phosphate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Hydrolyzed Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Octocrylene, Butyrospermum Parkii (shea) Butter, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Quercetin, Tin Oxide. May Contain: Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Carmine (CI 75470), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Mica (CI 77019), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).
Wonderboy is a brighter, medium-dark red-plum with warm undertones and a semi-matte finish. It had nearly opaque color coverage in a single layer, which was far more pigmentation than marketed (“medium” and “buildable”), so if true medium coverage is desired, I’d recommend wiping off some product prior to applying. The liquid lipstick had a lightweight, thin consistency that felt like a cross between a true mousse texture and a watery lip stain, so it spread well and didn’t sink into my lip lines. The color wore well for five hours and felt neither drying nor hydrating on me.
- Colour Pop On a Stick (P, $5.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Dior Terrific Matte (745) (P, $35.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- NARS Provocative Red (LE, $27.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Goal Digger (P, $6.00) is lighter, more pigmented, warmer (85% similar).
- Sephora Rose Redux (84) (P, $14.00) is more muted, warmer (85% similar).
- Colour Pop Y2K (P, $7.00) is lighter, more muted (85% similar).
- Anastasia Kathryn (P, $20.00) is darker, warmer (85% similar).
- Colour Pop Dulcet (LE, $6.50) is lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Chanel Vivant (144) (P, $37.00) is lighter, brighter (80% similar).
- Colour Pop Fly-Fi (LE, $6.00) is darker, brighter, warmer (80% similar).
The formula is supposed to have "medium buildable coverage" that has a "soft, diffused" effect. It's a more amped up take on their Blotted Lips concept or a slightly "washed out" take on their Ultra Matte/Ultra Satin range. The formula is much thinner--almost weightless--and spreads evenly with a single layer. I'd argue that most shades were often closer to semi-opaque rather than medium and buildable--and I used only what was on the doe-foot applicator to apply (without going back for more) for both top and bottom lips.
The consistency was airier, light, thin, and spreadable with a soft dry down that didn't feel like it was wholly locked in (like Ultra Mattes) but had significantly less transfer than a traditional lipstick (or even the Ulta Satins). They were not the most forgiving of lip texture or lip lines, but they were more flattering than most formulas I've tried that are similar in effect and coverage. Some shades had more of a matte finish shortly after application while others had subtle shine that wore down to a matte finish within an hour or less.
Longevity ran anywhere from three to six hours with some shades leaving subtle stains behind, and the formula felt mostly non-drying for me. It had a sweet, vanilla scent but no discernible taste.
Browse all of our Colour Pop Lux Liquid Lip swatches.
Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Alumina, Flavor, Triethoxycaprylylsilane. May Contain: Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Bronze Powder (CI 77400), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Copper Powder (CI 77400), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Mica (CI 77019), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 28 (CI 45410), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985).