Down in New Orleans
Colour Pop Down in New Orleans Disney Designer Cheek & Lip Duo ($18.00 for 0.43 oz.) includes a soft, plummy brown blush and a deep, copper-red liquid lipstick. Both products performed consistently with their formulas, though both were varying degrees of more pigmented than described (so that might not be a deal-breaker for some). These products can also be purchased individually if desired.
Kissin' a Frog
Kissin’ a Frog is a muted, medium-dark plum with strong, warm undertones and a semi-matte finish. It had very, very fine shimmer through it that gave it a soft, natural-matte finish when applied and blended out on my skin. The pigmentation was semi-opaque and buildable, so a bit more pigmented than described. The consistency was soft, a little dusty but easy to work with. It stayed on well for eight hours o me before fading visibly.
- Anastasia Terrace (LE, ) is less shimmery, brighter (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Construct (LE, $7.00) is darker, more muted, warmer (85% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Inhibition (P, $60.00) is darker (85% similar).
- Milani Sunset Passione (P, $8.00) is darker, warmer (85% similar).
- Black Opal Rose Gold (P, $8.95) is more shimmery, darker (85% similar).
- Essence Satin Love (P, $2.99) is lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Lissome (Top) (LE, ) is more shimmery, warmer (85% similar).
- Dior Charnelle (459) (P, $44.00) is more shimmery, warmer (85% similar).
- Buxom Seychelles (P, $22.00) is more shimmery, warmer (80% similar).
- Too Faced Spiced Peach (P, $30.00) is darker (80% similar).
$7.00/0.21 oz. - $33.33 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to go on "smoothly" and have a "natural and healthy flush" that has "long wear" and "can be layered to your desired intensity." It is a lightly to moderately powdery powder blush with semi-sheer to semi-opaque, buildable color payoff. The consistency has a drier, thinner feel and though it feels silky to the touch, I found it the type of powder blush can be tricky to blend out evenly on the skin, depending on one's skin type or base preferences. The drier the skin/base, the better the formula would blend, but any natural oils or slip caused the blush to go on unevenly and was difficult to blend out. The wear was between seven and eight hours on me on average.
Browse all of our Colour Pop Pressed Powder Blush swatches.
Talc, Boron Nitride, Nylon-12, Magnesium Stearate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Zinc Stearate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Distarch Phosphate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate , Hydrolyzed Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Octocrylene, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Quercetin, Tin Oxide, May Contain: Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Carmine (CI 75470), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Mica (CI 77019), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).
Prince Naveen is a deep, coppery red with warm undertones and a matte finish. It had medium to semi-opaque coverage in a single layer of product, which was buildable to nearly full coverage with a second layer. The texture was lightweight, whipped and a little watery (which I know doesn’t sound possible), so it spread evenly across my lips and dried down within a minute to a mostly matte, transfer-resistant finish that didn’t feel clingy. It wore well for five hours and felt neither drying nor hydrating over time.
- Colour Pop Love Life (P, $6.00) is lighter, more pigmented (95% similar).
- Colour Pop Who Run This (P, $6.00) is lighter, more pigmented (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Mind Trick (P, $7.00) is lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Coloured Raine Queendom (P, $17.00) is lighter, more pigmented, warmer (85% similar).
- Colour Pop 21 Questions (P, $7.00) is lighter (85% similar).
- NARS Vain (P, $26.00) is darker, more pigmented, cooler (85% similar).
- Colour Pop Foolish (P, $7.00) is lighter, more pigmented (80% similar).
- Too Faced Cinnamon Bear (LE, $21.00) is darker, brighter, warmer (80% similar).
The formula is supposed to have "medium buildable coverage" that has a "soft, diffused" effect. It's a more amped up take on their Blotted Lips concept or a slightly "washed out" take on their Ultra Matte/Ultra Satin range. The formula is much thinner--almost weightless--and spreads evenly with a single layer. I'd argue that most shades were often closer to semi-opaque rather than medium and buildable--and I used only what was on the doe-foot applicator to apply (without going back for more) for both top and bottom lips.
The consistency was airier, light, thin, and spreadable with a soft dry down that didn't feel like it was wholly locked in (like Ultra Mattes) but had significantly less transfer than a traditional lipstick (or even the Ulta Satins). They were not the most forgiving of lip texture or lip lines, but they were more flattering than most formulas I've tried that are similar in effect and coverage. Some shades had more of a matte finish shortly after application while others had subtle shine that wore down to a matte finish within an hour or less.
Longevity ran anywhere from three to six hours with some shades leaving subtle stains behind, and the formula felt mostly non-drying for me. It had a sweet, vanilla scent but no discernible taste.
Browse all of our Colour Pop Lux Liquid Lip swatches.
Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Alumina, Flavor, Triethoxycaprylylsilane. May Contain: Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Bronze Powder (CI 77400), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Copper Powder (CI 77400), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Mica (CI 77019), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 28 (CI 45410), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985).