Colour Pop Chola Ultra Satin Liquid Lipstick ($6.50 for 0.11 oz.) is a deep burgundy with strong, warm undertones and a satin finish. It had nearly opaque pigmentation that applied evenly across my lips and didn’t emphasize my lip lines or lip texture. The liquid lipstick was smooth, thin, and spreadable but didn’t have a clingy dry down, so it was comfortable to wear. This shade stayed on nicely for over six hours and was neither drying nor hydrating from what I could tell.
- Sephora Autumn Wind (54) (P, $14.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- Colour Pop Chateau (P, $6.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- Colour Pop Prim (P, $7.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Carnivorous (P, $21.00) is cooler (95% similar).
- MAC Double Fudge (P, $19.50) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Pencil Me In (LE, $7.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Anastasia Brandy (P, $18.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Colour Pop And Chill (P, $6.50) is warmer (90% similar).
- Sephora Auburn Prestige (98) (P, $14.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Too Faced Drop Dead Red (P, $21.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
$7.00/0.11 oz. - $63.64 Per Ounce
It is supposed to be a “lightweight, bold lipstick with a satin finish”liquid lipstick that is “extra intense colour saturation” and “long-wearing,” but the brand is quick to note that it is “not completely kiss proof.” The consistency is very light to lightweight with a thin to mousse-like consistency–they feel a little heavier going on than the Ultra Matte formula, but they don’t feel heavy on. They dry down somewhat, but it isn’t a full, flat dry down like matte liquid lipsticks, and when you press your lips together, there is moderate tackiness there, but I didn’t notice any lifting or separating of color by doing so.
They have been extremely long-wearing and comfortable to wear for the most part–it’s after ten hours or so that I notice my lips feeling a little dry–but six hours into wear and the colors have looked good post-meals/post-drinking. I think if you like the idea of longer-wearing, mostly matte lip color but find most liquid lipsticks too drying or too flat while not needing an ultra-hydrating formula, you might like these.
Browse all of our Colour Pop Ultra Satin Liquid Lipstick swatches.
Isododecane, Diisostearyl Malate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Wax, C10-18 Triglycerides, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica Silylate, Pentylene Glycol, Polyethylene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Blue 1 Lake, (CI 42090), Iron Oxides, (CI 77491), (CI 77492), (CI 77499), Red 7 Lake , (CI 15850), Titanium Dioxide, (CI 77891)
Colour Pop Flor Ultra Matte Liquid Lipstick ($6.50 for 0.11 oz.) is a rich copper with subtle, warm undertones and a matte finish. It had rich color payoff that applied evenly in a single, fluid stroke. The texture was lightweight, spreadable, and a little whipped in feel overall. It sank slightly into my lip lines while drying down, though it wasn’t too noticeable from a normal viewing distance. The color wore well for over six hours and was neither drying nor hydrating.
- Anastasia #3 (Vol. 1) (PiP, ) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Coloured Raine Queendom (P, $17.00) is brighter, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Marrakesh (P, $19.50) is darker, cooler (85% similar).
- MAC Smarticle (LE, $19.50) is darker, cooler, glossier (85% similar).
- MAC Chili (P, $19.50) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (85% similar).
- Too Faced Gingerbread Man (LE, $21.00) is darker, cooler (80% similar).
- Milani I Am Radiant (P, $6.99) is cooler (85% similar).
- Colour Pop Fee Fi Fo (LE, $7.00) is darker, cooler (85% similar).
- Guerlain #04 (P, $33.00) is lighter (85% similar).
- Dior Ultra Trouble (436) (P, $37.00) is darker, cooler, glossier (85% similar).
$6.50/0.11 oz. - $59.09 Per Ounce
It is a long-wearing, pigmented lipstick that starts off glossy and dries down quickly to that super flat matte finish. They have minimal transfer with some of the lighter shades having almost none for the first few hours of wear, but any time you’ve had a meal, they lose that transfer-resistant quality to a noticeable degree. They tend to wear anywhere from six to ten hours with darker shades maintaining better color coverage and wear over a longer period of time.
Some shades get a little drying about two-thirds to three-fourths through the wear, while a few shades have been fairly non-drying even many hours into wear. They fade away evenly with most color loss occurring from the center of the lips if eating a more oil-based meal but the majority of color survives a meal.
Reapplication has been hit or miss and tends to depend on how well it wore away and how easily the shade applies normally, but reapplication tends to emphasize the lip’s natural texture significantly compared to initial application and gives lips a very wrinkled, dried-up look. I’ve layered gloss on top of some shades with moderate success, though it will obviously lose the matte finish and will transfer and I’ll get tiny flakes where the matte lip color has lifted by mixing with gloss but has been pretty minimal. The formula had no discernible taste or scent.
Browse all of our Colour Pop Ultra Matte Liquid Lipstick swatches.
Isododecane, Alumina, Diisopropyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Nylon-12, Silica, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Iron Oxides, (Ci 77491), (Ci 77492), (Ci 77499), Red 6 Lake, (Ci 15850)