Whistle While You Werk
ColourPop Whistle While You Werk Pressed Powder Blush ($8.00 for 0.21 oz.) is a brighter, medium pink with subtle, warm undertones and a matte finish. The texture was slightly firmer than typical for ColourPop pressed powders and thinner, so it worked better over drier skin (whether naturally dry or set/powdered!) as it could darken a little unevenly applied on top of bare skin as it did for me when I used it over my bare skin (normal-to-dry, less dry these days). It had buildable color coverage from medium to opaque, which was as described for the formula. I consider the blush itself to be blendable when I tried it over set foundation, but there was still some unevenness present over bare skin (which is where the ratings come from). It stayed on well for eight and a half hours before fading a bit on me.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Kevyn Aucoin Shadore (P, $37.00) is lighter, cooler (95% similar).
- ColourPop Take the Cake (LE, $12.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- NARS Impassioned (P, $30.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Catch My Vibe (P, $12.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Pinch O' Peach (P, $24.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Tarte Whimsy (LE, $29.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC No Shame (LE, $30.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- ColourPop Above & Beyond (LE, $12.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Swirled (LE, $12.00) is more muted (90% similar).
- Anastasia Rose (PiP, ) is more shimmery (90% similar).
$12.00/0.13 oz. - $92.31 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to go on "smoothly" and have a "natural and healthy flush" that has "long wear" and "can be layered to your desired intensity." It is a lightly to moderately powdery powder blush with semi-sheer to semi-opaque, buildable color payoff. The consistency has a drier, thinner feel and though it feels silky to the touch, I found it the type of powder blush can be tricky to blend out evenly on the skin, depending on one's skin type or base preferences. The drier the skin/base, the better the formula would blend, but any natural oils or slip caused the blush to go on unevenly and was difficult to blend out. The wear was between seven and eight hours on me on average.
Browse all of our ColourPop Pressed Powder Blush swatches.
Talc, Boron Nitride, Nylon-12, Magnesium Stearate, Zinc Stearate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Distarch Phosphate , Ethylhexyl Palmitate , Hydrolyzed Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Octocrylene, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate , Quercetin, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492), Mica (CI 77019), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.