Colour Pop Stop It Super Shock Cheek ($8.00 for 0.15 oz.) is a bright, medium orange with warm, balanced (between red and yellow) undertones and a true matte finish. While the finish was totally matte, it did seem to absorb a bit of my skin’s natural oils so it did not appear totally flat when applied to my cheeks. The end result was more of a stained effect, which worked particularly well when applied over bare skin, but application over a base was a little more challenging (doable with more buildable coverage, less-matte foundations). The texture was more velvety and clay-like–drier and less “wet” to the touch compared to more shimmery shades in the formula. It was extremely pigmented, though, and even when I applied the color with a stippling brush, it wasn’t “sheer” and “airbrushed” but rather more medium if I was careful, semi-opaque if I wasn’t. It stayed on well for 10 hours on me before fading very slightly.
- Colour Pop Bonus (DC, $8.00) is lighter, cooler (95% similar).
- Colour Pop Get Leid (P, $8.00) is cooler (95% similar).
- Tarte Fame (LE, $29.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- By Terry Tropical Sunset #1 (LE, ) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Best Coast Scenario (P, ) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Anastasia Miami (PiP, ) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Makeup Geek Summer Fling (P, $10.00) is more muted, cooler (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Excuse My French (LE, $8.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- NARS Luster (P, $30.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- Glossier Dawn (P, $18.00) is darker, warmer (85% similar).
$8.00/0.15 oz. - $53.33 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "buildable" coverage and can be applied with fingertips (which will yield "higher coverage") or a brush (for sheerer coverage). It's a cream-based product that has a subtle, "wet" feel to it but never has the thickness of a true cream-based blush. It goes on with the smoothness of a cream formulation but diffuses and blends (without lifting up one's base) more like a powder product. The product sets to a powder finish, so the product won't slide around during the day. On me, the wear tends to be between eight and 10 hours. Most shades have medium, buildable pigmentation with some being semi-opaque to opaque on occasion. They are typically blendable, easy to use, and long-wearing.
Browse all of our Colour Pop Super Shock Cheek swatches.
Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Boron Nitride, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Octocrylene, C30-45 Alkyl Cetearyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Cyclohexasiloxane, Isododecane, Dimethicone/Vinyltrimethylsiloxysilicate Crosspolymer, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethiconol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Propylene Carbonate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492), Mica (CI 77019), Red 6 (CI 15850), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985).