Colour Pop Overdramatic Super Shock Cheek ($8.00 for 0.15 oz.) is a muted, medium-dark copper with warm, rusty-red undertones and a matte finish. The blush had good color coverage in one layer when applied with a fingertip, and it had more buildable coverage from semi-sheer to mostly opaque when applied with a stippling brush, which was in line with the marketing.
The denser, more clay-like texture–velvety and smooth to the touch but never felt wet or really cream-like–responded better with fingertips than brushes, as I felt like I had to use a firmer hand to really swirl and drag my brush into the product for coverage. It does apply well with fingertips (which has always been my preferred method of application for the Super Shock Cheeks anyway!) as it goes on evenly, diffused with little effort, and smoothed out my skin texture slightly. I had no trouble applying in over bare skin or on top of foundation, though it took more layers to really build it up with a brush. It stayed on well for nine and a half hours before fading visibly.
- Kat Von D Hansel (Shade) (DC, ) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Under Pressure (P, $8.00) is brighter, cooler, glossier (90% similar).
- Cover FX Warm Honey (Left) (PiP, ) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Milani Coral Beams #2 (PiP, ) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Milani Bronze Burst #2 (PiP, ) is more shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
- Colour Pop Flush'd (LE, $8.00) is more shimmery, brighter (85% similar).
- NARS Torrid (P, $30.00) is more shimmery, cooler (85% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Mellow Wine (P, $2.99) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Quarters (P, $8.00) is more shimmery, brighter (90% similar).
- NARS Vengeful (Right) (LE, ) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (80% similar).
$8.00/0.15 oz. - $53.33 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "buildable" coverage and can be applied with fingertips (which will yield "higher coverage") or a brush (for sheerer coverage). It's a cream-based product that has a subtle, "wet" feel to it but never has the thickness of a true cream-based blush. It goes on with the smoothness of a cream formulation but diffuses and blends (without lifting up one's base) more like a powder product. The product sets to a powder finish, so the product won't slide around during the day. On me, the wear tends to be between eight and 10 hours. Most shades have medium, buildable pigmentation with some being semi-opaque to opaque on occasion. They are typically blendable, easy to use, and long-wearing.
Browse all of our Colour Pop Super Shock Cheek swatches.
Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Boron Nitride, Octocrylene, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, C30-45 Alkyl Cetearyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Isododecane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Dimethicone/Vinyltrimethylsiloxysilicate Crosspolymer, Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethiconol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Propylene Carbonate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Iron Oxides (CI 77491,CI 77499,CI 77492), Mica (CI 77019), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).