On the Horizon
ColourPop On the Horizon Pressed Powder Blush ($10.00 for 0.13 oz.) is a brighter, medium pink with strong, warm undertones and flecks of gold micro-sparkle over a more semi-matte finish. It had buildable coverage from medium to mostly opaque, while the texture felt soft, yielding, and was lightly powdery in the pan but didn’t appear dry or powdery when applied to my skin.
The blush applied evenly and blended out without difficulty along the edges. There were visible gold sparkles on my cheeks that had more of a random pattern, so anyone who loathes “glittery” blushes will likely want to give this a miss–there were enough particles to actually translate. It stayed on nicely for eight hours before fading noticeably.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Chanel Sunkiss Ribbon (LE, $70.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- Persona Carmel (P, $22.00) is darker, warmer (95% similar).
- Chanel Rose Petillant (330) (P, $45.00) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- ColourPop Cat's Eye (LE, $12.00) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Rare Beauty Nearly Neutral (P, $21.00) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Milani Berry Rays #3 (PiP, ) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Smith and Cult Warm Pink (P, $24.00) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- ColourPop Whole Nine Yards (LE, $8.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- NARS Day Dream (LE, $30.00) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Score (DC, $26.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
$8.00/0.13 oz. - $61.54 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to go on "smoothly" and have a "natural and healthy flush" that has "long wear" and "can be layered to your desired intensity." It is a lightly to moderately powdery powder blush with semi-sheer to semi-opaque, buildable color payoff. The consistency has a drier, thinner feel and though it feels silky to the touch, I found it the type of powder blush can be tricky to blend out evenly on the skin, depending on one's skin type or base preferences. The drier the skin/base, the better the formula would blend, but any natural oils or slip caused the blush to go on unevenly and was difficult to blend out. The wear was between seven and eight hours on me on average.
Browse all of our ColourPop Pressed Powder Blush swatches.
Talc, Boron Nitride, Nylon-12, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Magnesium Stearate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zinc Stearate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Distarch Phosphate, Hydrolyzed Theobroma Cacao (cocoa) Seed Butter, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Octocrylene, Butyrospermum Parkii (shea) Butter, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Tin Oxide, Tocopheryl Acetate, Quercetin, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Iron Oxides (CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.