ColourPop Marguerite Super Shock Cheek ($8.00 for 0.15 oz.) is a medium-dark pink with cooler undertones and a matte finish. It appeared warmer and more neon-like in color in the pot but translated into something cooler-toned even against my warmer undertones.
The consistency was smooth, velvety, and had a little more slip than other shades in the collection but wasn’t the easiest shade to apply and blend out, even over bare skin, as it just needed more glide. It had medium, buildable pigmentation that wore well for nine hours on me.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- ColourPop Island Shine (LE, $12.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Tuned In (P, $8.00) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Pat McGrath Cosmic Coral (Right) (LE, $38.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Pat McGrath Lovestruck (P, $38.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Makeup by Mario Poppy Pink (P, $24.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Pat McGrath Lovestruck (Amber Allure) (LE, $38.00) is darker, cooler (85% similar).
- MAC Rosy Does It (LE, $30.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (85% similar).
- Pat McGrath Divine Rose II (LE, $44.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- ColourPop Best Coast (LE, $4.50) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (85% similar).
- ColourPop Seed U Later (P, $12.00) is darker, cooler (85% similar).
$8.00/0.15 oz. - $53.33 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "buildable" coverage and can be applied with fingertips (which will yield "higher coverage") or a brush (for sheerer coverage). It's a cream-based product that has a subtle, "wet" feel to it but never has the thickness of a true cream-based blush. It goes on with the smoothness of a cream formulation but diffuses and blends (without lifting up one's base) more like a powder product. The product sets to a powder finish, so the product won't slide around during the day. On me, the wear tends to be between eight and 10 hours. Most shades have medium, buildable pigmentation with some being semi-opaque to opaque on occasion. They are typically blendable, easy to use, and long-wearing.
Browse all of our ColourPop Super Shock Cheek swatches.