ColourPop Lucky You Super Shock Cheek Duo ($14.00 for 0.3 oz.) is a new, limited edition duo that features one new shade and one repromote (Drop of a Hat). Both shades performed well and as marketed (more pigmented with fingertips, more buildable with brushes along with being blendable and long-wearing). While the repromote can be purchased individually, the new shade is only available as part of the duo.
Goody Two Shu
Goody Two Shu is a light gold with warmer, yellow undertones and a bright, metallic sheen. It had good pigmentation in a single layer when applied with fingertips and more semi-sheer, buildable coverage when applied with a stippling brush. The consistency felt smooth to the touch with slight wetness, but it quickly turned to a more powder-like formula when it came into contact with my skin.
The product applied well over bare skin as well as over base products. It had a luminous sheen that didn’t emphasize my skin’s natural texture. The highlighter stayed on well for 10 hours before fading slightly.
- Rare Beauty Outshine (P, $22.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Milk Makeup Iced (P, $28.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Dior Yellow Gold (LE, ) is darker (95% similar).
- Lancome Gilded Gold (LE, ) is more shimmery, warmer (95% similar).
- Dior Strobe Gold (LE, ) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (95% similar).
- Urban Decay Beauty Beam #2 (LE, ) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Sydney Grace Satin Kicks (P, $9.00) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Huda Beauty Seychelles (LE, ) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Smashbox Glow (LE, ) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Tarte Burst (PiP, ) is lighter (90% similar).
LELimited Edition. $8.00.
Drop of a Hat
Drop of a Hat is a a deep, pink-coral base with lighter, warmer gold and orange shimmer throughout that gave it a more metallic finish overall. The texture was smooth to the touch, emollient and slightly wet to the touch, though it wasn’t overly emollient so it applied well to bare skin and spread evenly.
I had no trouble patting it over base products as it wasn’t prone to lifting them up. It had opaque coverage when applied with a fingertip and more medium, buildable coverage when applied with a stippling brush (as marketed). It was still going strong after 10 hours of wear.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Jouer Marigold (LE, ) is lighter (90% similar).
- Melt Cosmetics Genesis (P, $39.00) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Stereo Rose (LE, $34.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- ColourPop Invite Only (P, $8.00) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Melt Cosmetics Buzz (PiP, ) is lighter (90% similar).
- Cover FX Spiced Cinnamon (Right) (PiP, ) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Natasha Denona Vibrant Coral & Golden (PiP, $38.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Beach Bum (P, $25.00) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Milani Red Vino (P, $7.99) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Clinique Fig Pop (P, $21.00) is less shimmery, warmer (85% similar).
$8.00/0.15 oz. - $53.33 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "buildable" coverage and can be applied with fingertips (which will yield "higher coverage") or a brush (for sheerer coverage). It's a cream-based product that has a subtle, "wet" feel to it but never has the thickness of a true cream-based blush. It goes on with the smoothness of a cream formulation but diffuses and blends (without lifting up one's base) more like a powder product. The product sets to a powder finish, so the product won't slide around during the day. On me, the wear tends to be between eight and 10 hours. Most shades have medium, buildable pigmentation with some being semi-opaque to opaque on occasion. They are typically blendable, easy to use, and long-wearing.
Browse all of our ColourPop Super Shock Cheek swatches.
Dimethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Isopropyl Myristate, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Ethylhexylglycerin, Propylene Carbonate, Carmine (CI 75470), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492), Mica (CI 77019), Red 7 Lake (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.