I Put a Spell on You
ColourPop I Put a Spell on You Lip Duo ($11.00 for 0.155 oz.) is a new, limited edition duo that includes a warmer, orange-based red lipstick paired with a coordinating lip pencil (slightly more muted and not as warm-toned to my eye as the lipstick).
Both lip products were pigmented and long-wearing, while the lipstick was more non-drying and the lip pencil slightly drying (when worn alone).
LELimited Edition. $16.00.
Winnie is a brighter, medium red with moderate, warm undertones and a cream finish. It was richly pigmented with a smooth, lightly creamy texture that was dense without being overly firm or stiff to work with.
The lipstick applied an even layer of color, though it wasn’t the most smoothing of lip lines. It wore well for five and a half hours, left a faint stain behind, and was non-drying over time.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Tom Ford Beauty Scarlet Rouge (P, $55.00) is darker (95% similar).
- YSL Mystery Red (23) (P, $39.00) is darker, less glossy (95% similar).
- NARS Rita (P, $34.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Estee Lauder Immortal (P, $32.00) is more shimmery, darker, glossier (90% similar).
- MAC Starlett Scarlet (LE, $18.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- YSL Midnight LA (149) (P, $38.00) is more shimmery, darker, brighter (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Scarlet Rouge (P, $57.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Chanel Mode (75) (DC, $45.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Sephora Deep Water Bay (24) (P, $8.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Bad Blood (P, $19.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
$10.00/0.12 oz. - $83.33 Per Ounce
The formula that is supposed to be a "creamy-matte" that "glides on like butter, doesn't feather or bleed, and lasts so long you'll forget you're even wearing it." The majority of the shades were quite pigmented with full color payoff in a single stroke with a few in the more semi-opaque coverage range.
The texture was, on average, smooth, lightly creamy, and not too thick or too thin, so there was no tugging during application but the color didn't feel slippery while worn, which made them easier to apply straight from the tube and low-maintenance on the lips.
They tend to dry and wear down to a soft matte finish within one to three hours of wear, and while they are very lightweight on, they hug the lips more as they become more matte (compared to initial feel). The wear time has been between four and six hours for most shades, and most shades were non-drying to lightly hydrating. They were vanilla-scented but had no discernible taste.
Browse all of our ColourPop Lux Lipstick swatches.
LELimited Edition. $10.00.
Come, We Fly
Come We Fly is a muted, medium red with neutral-to-warm undertones and a flat, matte finish. It had nearly opaque color coverage in a single stroke, which applied precisely along the edge of my lips as liner but was also tolerable to use for all-over color. The consistency was just smooth enough to use all-over but wasn’t so creamy or emollient that it didn’t yield a crisp line along the edges of my lips.
The formula was somewhat clingy, as it was thin and more matte, so it wasn’t the most comfortable to wear as a standalone color. It lasted for over six hours, left a slight stain behind, and felt a bit drying over time.
- ColourPop Spinster Ladies (LE, $5.00) is lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- Urban Decay Rock Steady (LE, $20.00) is lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Pat McGrath Blood Lust (PiP, $25.00) is lighter, brighter, cooler (80% similar).
- Urban Decay Bad Blood (P, $20.00) is lighter, warmer (80% similar).
- Urban Decay 714 (P, $20.00) is lighter, cooler (80% similar).