Freak Like Me
ColourPop Freak Like Me Pressed Powder Highlighter ($8.00 for 0.23 oz.) is a medium copper with warm, orange undertones and a frosted, slightly metallic finish. It had opaque pigmentation that was easy to work with on the skin whether I wanted sheer, more diffused coverage or a more intense, ultra-metallic finish. The more I sheered it out, the more golden and less orange-brown it looked on my skin tone. The powder had a soft, smooth consistency that was a little creamy and on the denser side, but it was never difficult to pick up with a brush or to blend out on the skin. The shimmery finish did not seem to emphasize my skin’s natural texture. This shade lasted well for eight and a half hours on me.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- NARS Galet (LE, ) is less shimmery, warmer (95% similar).
- Tarte Candlelight (LE, ) is more shimmery, lighter (95% similar).
- Coloured Raine My Day One (Highlighter) (LE, ) is lighter, warmer (95% similar).
- Inglot J203 Luminous (LE, $23.00) is darker (95% similar).
- MAC Dima's Glow (LE, $37.00) is less shimmery, warmer (95% similar).
- Anastasia Hot Sand (P, $34.00) is less shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- Bobbi Brown Golden Bronze Glow (LE, $48.00) is less shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- Melt Cosmetics Peaches and Cream (P, $39.00) is less shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- Milani Sunset Glow (P, $10.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Becca Rose Gold (P, $19.00) is lighter (95% similar).
$8.00/0.23 oz. - $34.78 Per Ounce
The powder highlighter is supposed to have a "high-shine" finish with "high colour intensity." In general, ColourPop's pressed highlighter powders have a smooth, moderately dense texture that was soft enough to be picked up easily by a brush but not kick up any powder in the pan. The formula was semi-opaque to opaque but easily sheered out for less shine and coverage if desired. There were a few shades within the range that emphasized my skin's natural texture slightly but most did not. The wear ranged from seven and a half hours to nine hours.
Browse all of our ColourPop Pressed Powder Highlighter swatches.
BORON NITRIDE, DIMETHICONE, ZINC STEARATE, PTFE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, SILICA, HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER, PHENOXYETHANOL, DIMETHICONOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, TIN OXIDE, BLUE 1 LAKE (CI 42090), MICA (CI 77019), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891)
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.