Drop of a Hat
Colour Pop Drop of a Hat Super Shock Cheek ($8.00 for 0.15 oz.) is a medium, pinky-coral base with warm, gold and copper shimmer throughout. The texture was smooth, emollient without being too slippery, and easy to work with on bare skin as well as on top of base products.
The blush yielded opaque pigmentation when applied with fingertips and sheerer, buildable coverage when applied with a stippling brush, which was in line with the formula’s description. This shade applied evenly and blendedout effortlessly on my skin. It wore well for 10 hours with very little fading present. This shade is a repromote.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Cover FX Spiced Cinnamon (Right) (PiP, ) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Stereo Rose (LE, $34.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Natasha Denona Vibrant Coral & Golden (PiP, $38.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Beach Bum (P, $25.00) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Jouer Marigold (LE, ) is lighter (90% similar).
- Melt Cosmetics Genesis (P, $39.00) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Invite Only (P, $8.00) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Milani Red Vino (P, $8.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Clinique Fig Pop (P, $21.00) is less shimmery, warmer (85% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Ginger Binge (PiP, $36.00) is darker, warmer (85% similar).
$8.00/0.15 oz. - $53.33 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "buildable" coverage and can be applied with fingertips (which will yield "higher coverage") or a brush (for sheerer coverage). It's a cream-based product that has a subtle, "wet" feel to it but never has the thickness of a true cream-based blush. It goes on with the smoothness of a cream formulation but diffuses and blends (without lifting up one's base) more like a powder product. The product sets to a powder finish, so the product won't slide around during the day. On me, the wear tends to be between eight and 10 hours. Most shades have medium, buildable pigmentation with some being semi-opaque to opaque on occasion. They are typically blendable, easy to use, and long-wearing.
Browse all of our Colour Pop Super Shock Cheek swatches.
Dimethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Isopropyl Myristate, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Ethylhexylglycerin, Propylene Carbonate, Carmine (CI 75470), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492), Mica (CI 77019), Red 7 Lake (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).