Colour Pop Dew Drop Luster Dust Loose Highlighter ($7.00 for 0.11 oz.) is a medium-dark copper with warm, red undertones and a sparkling sheen. The texture had some larger sparkles in it, though it had an overall glowing finish on the skin once blended and buffed on. It did not seem quite as metallic or as “blinding” on the skin as the other two shades. I found this particular shade to have the great pigmentation–semi-opaque and buildable from there–and found that it applied better to my cheeks than my arm (not a total surprise, as my arm is drier and my face is more normal).
As this shade was darker and had a stronger base color, I’ll note again that the best application was when I picked up product on my brush, lightly swirled into the inside of the cap, and then applied, as this resulted in very even initial application that required little blending to finish it off. It wore well for nine hours on me.
- Lancome Glowing Lights (P, $30.00) is lighter, more muted, cooler (90% similar).
- Hourglass Bronze Flash (P, $42.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Huda Beauty Tahiti (LE, ) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Too Faced Cherry Bomb (Highlighter) (PiP, ) is cooler (90% similar).
- Anastasia Hot Sand (LE, ) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Laura Geller Ballerina (P, $26.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Freak Like Me (P, $8.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC My Mimi (LE, $45.50) is darker (90% similar).
- Smashbox Blow a Fuse Pearl (PiP, ) is lighter (90% similar).
- Smashbox Crank It Up Gold (PiP, ) is warmer (90% similar).
$7.00/0.106 oz. - $66.04 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to be a "finely-milled, soft powder" that "packs a blinding punch" where "a little goes a long way." These can be incredibly shiny and metallic on the skin, and the coverage seemed to be all in the application. They actually seemed to be more pigmented when I applied them to my cheekbones using a tapered highlighter than when I used smaller brushes (for eyes) on my forearm. The powders were finely-milled with some base color and a lot of shimmer/pearl. I found the best way to apply these was to pick up product onto a brush and then swirl my brush on the interior of the cap, which helped to disperse the powder more evenly through my brush. This resulted in more even application to my cheeks that required less buffing and blending than if I skipped the swirling step. They lasted around eight hours on me.
Browse all of our Colour Pop Luster Dust Loose Highlighter swatches.
Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Octyldodecanol, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Silica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).