Colour Pop Desert Rose Pressed Powder Blush ($10.00 for 0.13 oz.) is a medium pink with moderate, warm undertones and fine, golden pearl throughout the more semi-matte to matte finish. I found that the shimmer incorporated well with the powder and appeared more luminous as I applied and blended out the blush on my skin.
It had buildable coverage from medium to mostly opaque (two to three layers) paired with a soft, smooth texture that was less powdery than most shades in the range (but not too firmly-pressed into the pan). It stayed on well for eight hours before fading visibly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Tarte Prim (LE, $29.00) is less shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- Clinique Blush Pop (LE, $21.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Physicians Formula Natural (P, $12.99) is more shimmery, brighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Frantic Pink (P, $60.00) is more shimmery, lighter, brighter (90% similar).
- CoverGirl Medium Rose (DC, $9.99) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Makeup Geek Main Squeeze (P, $10.00) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Catrice La Vie En Rose (P, $5.99) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Hourglass Surreal Effect (LE, $40.00) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Pretty (LE, ) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Guerlain Morning Rose (P, $52.00) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
$10.00/0.13 oz. - $76.92 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to go on "smoothly" and have a "natural and healthy flush" that has "long wear" and "can be layered to your desired intensity." It is a lightly to moderately powdery powder blush with semi-sheer to semi-opaque, buildable color payoff. The consistency has a drier, thinner feel and though it feels silky to the touch, I found it the type of powder blush can be tricky to blend out evenly on the skin, depending on one's skin type or base preferences. The drier the skin/base, the better the formula would blend, but any natural oils or slip caused the blush to go on unevenly and was difficult to blend out. The wear was between seven and eight hours on me on average.
Browse all of our Colour Pop Pressed Powder Blush swatches.
Talc, Boron Nitride, Nylon-12, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Magnesium Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zinc Stearate, Distarch Phosphate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Aluminum Calcium Sodium Silicate, Octocrylene, Silica, Butyrospermum Parkii (shea) Butter, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Tin Oxide, Tocopheryl Acetate, Quercetin. May Contain: Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Mica (CI 77019), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140).