Coloured Raine Your Treat Focal Point Glowlighter ($25.00 for 0.28 oz.) is a medium-dark, coppery brown with warm undertones and a metallic sheen. It was richly pigmented with a smooth, blendable texture that was dense but not difficult to pickup product from with a variety of highlighting brushes (fan, tapered, more blush-like). The powder sat beautifully on the skin and gave a reflective shine that did not emphasize my skin’s natural texture. The color wore well for nine hours before fading on me.
The Focal Point Glowlighter formula is supposed to be “butter soft” with “high impact luminous glow.” There are eight shades available from pale duochromes to deep copperS (view all swatches here). The formula was denser, firmer, and a little creamier than the average powder highlighter, so fluffy, less dense brushes had trouble picking up a lot of product, whereas denser highlighting brushes and blush brushes picked up product just fine. Most of the shades were quite smooth in feel with medium to full coverage and a strong, reflective shine on the skin and lasted for eight to nine hours. If you’re someone who likes buildable highlighters from medium to opaque with a metallic sheen, these might be right up your alley.
- BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Edition #20 (LE, ) is lighter (95% similar).
- Jouer Tan Lines (LE, $24.00) is lighter, cooler (95% similar).
- Becca Chocolate Geode (P, $38.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Cover FX Candlelight (P, $34.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- MAC My Mimi (LE, $45.50) is less shimmery, lighter (95% similar).
- The Estee Edit Ray (LE, ) is lighter (95% similar).
- Makeup Geek Ignite (P, $20.00) is darker (95% similar).
- BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Edition #21 (LE, ) is more shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- OFRA Blind the Haters (P, $29.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Makeup by Mario Bronze (P, $28.00) is lighter (90% similar).
P.S. — Coloured Raine doesn’t utilize affiliate links but affiliate codes, so when you use code TEMPTALIA, you’ll save 10% and we’ll receive a commission (at no cost to you).
Watch Me Werk
Coloured Raine Watch Me Werk Focal Point Glowlighter ($25.00 for 0.28 oz.) is a rich, deep copper with strong, warm orange undertones and a frosted, metallic sheen. It had good color payoff that was buildable to full coverage with two layers. The highlighter was denser in the pan and had larger shimmer particles in it, so it appeared more shimmery and frosted on the skin than purely shiny compared to some of the other Focal Point Glowlighters. I would recommend using a slightly denser brush with this shade, as more feathery brushes did not pick up product as well. I used a blush brush to apply, and I had no trouble getting good coverage that still blended out easily. This shade started to fade on me after nine hours of wear.
- Make Up For Ever H312 (P, $23.00) is cooler (95% similar).
- MAC Glorify (LE, $37.00) is darker (95% similar).
- ColourPop Happy Camper (P, $8.00) is cooler (95% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Coppin Ice (LE, $36.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Edition #20 (LE, ) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- UOMA Beauty You Glo Girl (LE, ) is lighter (90% similar).
- Bobbi Brown Bronze Glow (P, $48.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Hourglass Bronze Flash (P, $42.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Cover FX Candlelight (P, $34.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Makeup Revolution Liquid Rose Gold (P, $9.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).