Coloured Raine Cutie Pie Focal Point Glowlighter ($25.00 for 0.28 oz.) is a light-medium pink with warmer undertones and cooler, lavender pearl. It had medium pigmentation, which was buildable to semi-opaque coverage with two layers. The texture was chunkier and did not seem as finely-milled as most shades in the range, and it was quite dense. I had to use a heavier hand with a blush brush to get medium coverage with one swirl in the compact. The color shifted from a pinkish white to a more noticeable pinkish hue on my skin tone, depending on the angle and how the light was reflecting off of my cheeks (that is why you’ll see two full face photos with shade as it was such a dramatic shift). The highlighter lasted for eight and a half hours on me.
The Focal Point Glowlighter formula is supposed to be “butter soft” with “high impact luminous glow.” There are eight shades available from pale duochromes to deep copperS (view all swatches here). The formula was denser, firmer, and a little creamier than the average powder highlighter, so fluffy, less dense brushes had trouble picking up a lot of product, whereas denser highlighting brushes and blush brushes picked up product just fine. Most of the shades were quite smooth in feel with medium to full coverage and a strong, reflective shine on the skin and lasted for eight to nine hours. If you’re someone who likes buildable highlighters from medium to opaque with a metallic sheen, these might be right up your alley.
P.S. — Coloured Raine doesn’t utilize affiliate links but affiliate codes, so when you use code TEMPTALIA, you’ll save 10% and we’ll receive a commission (at no cost to you).
- Milani Pink Play #1 (PiP, ) is cooler (95% similar).
- MAC Azalea in the Afternoon (LE, $29.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- KIKO 103 Golden Peach (P, $12.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Estee Lauder Peach Passion (P, $34.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Smashbox Carnation (LE, ) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- NARS Adoration (Left) (PiP, ) is lighter (90% similar).
- Zoeva PK010 (P, ) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- NARS Free Soul (LE, $30.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- NARS Undefeated (LE, $30.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Bicoastal (Top) (LE, ) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
Coloured Raine Lavender Dreams Focal Point Glowlighter ($25.00 for 0.28 oz.) is a light, lavender purple with cool, violet undertones and soft, pearly sheen. It had medium, buildable pigmentation–up to semi-opaque–with a smooth, blendable consistency that was slightly denser and firmer in the pan. With a tapered highlighting brush, I had no trouble applying and blending out the highlighter but a fan brush would be too feathery for the formula. Despite being rather reflective on the skin, it did not seem to emphasize my skin’s natural texture. It wore well for eight hours on me before fading.
- Colour Pop Poor Unfortunate Souls (LE, $10.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Royal Calyx (P, $4.99) is more shimmery, brighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Jouer Celestial (LE, $24.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Halographic (P, $5.99) is lighter (90% similar).
- NARS Wild Phox (LE, $29.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Physicians Formula Iridescence (P, $10.99) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Trickles (LE, $8.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Chill Pill (P, $7.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Unicorn (P, $25.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Hippo (P, $8.00) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).